Sunday, November 4, 2007

Daylight Savings



I used to love this time of year, when the time changed and I got an extra hour of sleep. It was so great! Now that I have kids, and especially Max, it doesn't happen. The kids wake up an hour early, we get tired an hour earlier, but don't go to sleep and it gets dark so darn early. I guess there are some pros to this...we could put our kids to bed when it gets dark - at 5:30!!

That reminds me of a friend and a night they played the meanest trick on their his brother....

Brandon was having a friend sleep over, Brian. And, all day they had been prepping Brandon's little brother that the next day was going to be the "darkest day ever". They said "when you wake up, it will be dark, when you go to school, it will be dark and when you come home it will be dark". "Just think how much fun it will be to play outside at recess IN THE DARK."

The family had all gone to bed and the two friends adjusted the clocks. Around two o'clock in the morning, the brother's alarm clock went off and he went into the kitchen for breakfast. There he found Brandon and Brian eating breakfast, just like normal. When he was ready to leave for school, they let him out the door - out into the dark of night. A few minutes went by and suddenly the phone rang at their home. The dad answered the phone and to his surprise, it was the parents of the little brother's friend. They were wondering why his son was ringing their doorbell in the middle of the night. (He always went to pick up his friend for school.)

Brandon tells this story so well. He shared this story with me years ago, and I think it is so great. I laughed so hard! Isn't that a mean thing to do - but so funny!

3 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Lisa! I also heard this story from Brandon when we all worked together. I've tried to re-tell it because it was sooo funny, but never do it as well!

Kirkland's said...

I was just saying the same thing today to my friend that as a mom of a toddler, that extra hour we THINK we get - isn't so! If anything, it messes our schedule up!

kara jayne said...

One of the best things about Arizona...no daylight savings! I love not having to worry about changing the clocks. The only problem is my Max is up pre-6:00am anyway!!! just my luck