Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm IT!

My friend Becky tagged me, so here goes...

* Each player lists 6 little-known facts/habits about themselves.
* At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1) I am really anal about laundry. I hate when there are dirty clothes sitting in their closet (yes, I have a pantry cupboard with four laundry baskets inside - and yes, everyone sorts their own laundry). Therefore, my washer/dryer get a lot of use. I hate folding/sorting and putting the laundry away. Mark usually tackles that job!

2) I hate coming upstairs from our basement, especially at night. I always run up the stairs (sometimes with a little scream), thinking someone is going to grab my foot or me and pull me back down. I've done this since my parents put my room in the basement. Don't tell Will this, he sleeps down there :)

3) I hate Wal-Mart and will not for any reason shop there. My friend Lacey told me that they started making pudding pops again, and upon searching all the local grocery stores, was forced to go to the new SUPER one in Draper (first time since it opened). There, I did find the pops, and bought all that they had, so I wouldn't have to go back there any time soon. I requested them from Harmon's, but haven't seen them yet. Dang, and we are almost out!

4) I married my high school sweetheart after his mission. I dated a lot while he was gone!! I wasn't one of those girls who sits home and "waits".

5) I sleep at night with either my favorite down pillow wrapped around my head or my sheets/blankets pulled up, covering my ears. I've done this since I was little and afraid of spiders climbing into my ears. Now, my ears are used to this and they get cold if I don't. I also do it so Mark has to get up with the kids, because I can't hear!

6) I'm so anal about my house (shoes off, the light switch thing-see Kami's tag, toys in their place, dishes, papers and everything else) that I wonder if my kids like living with me. I hear that you should just let kids be kids and who cares about the material things, but I can't do that. Mark says (as he is helping me write this) "I would add that you can't sit down and relax until all of the above is done and nobody else can either". I guess it's bad!

Now, I tag:

Aileen
Brittany
Courtnie
Lacey
Melanie
Sherine
Mindy
Melissa

Have fun!!!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you! Thanks for commenting on my blog, its great to hear from you. Your boys cute! I love the picture of Max with the hunk of cheese. I hope all is going well with you. Tell Mark hello. Oh, Tara. She is one of my good friend's sisters. Do you still keep in touch with anyone from high school?

Becky, yep said...

I've had to let the whole house thing go since Tally. I don't see that as a bad thing...I'm teaching my kids that everything has it's place and not to procrastinate work!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I loved your post. I have always run up the stairs from every basement with the same fear. And Ha Ha you did go to Walmart !:) You are funny and a lot like me.

Beach Girl said...

I am going to try your blankets over the head thing tongiht. I can pretend that I don't hear the kidies that way...it just might work!