Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope that everyone is having a very happy Thanksgiving. We had a great day. I clogged our drain with sweet potato skins and paid a rooter guy $120 for a job Mark could have done. That was fun! We were invited to the Cannon family Thanksgiving at the Cannon Mortuary this year. Yes, I did say mortuary. Mark's uncle is a mortician. I used to think it was weird, but I don't anymore. It is a great place to hold family functions. Mark's 87 year old grandmother played the piano for us. She did such a wonderful job!



We had the best dinner. Scott (Mark's brother) fried the best turkey. I made a salad and the best (if I do say so myself) sweet potatoes. They have 2 cups of sugar in them - so what's not to like.

Afterwards, we went up to Mark's parents and hung out with our family. The kids played karaoke and had a ball.






Max is doing better with his hand. He's ripped of the bandages a couple of times today, but we just keep replacing it. It looks so sore, the poor little guy. We're just keeping him on the Tylenol with Codeine, which seems to be helping him with the pain. And, he slept through the night, which I wondered if he'd do. He usually does, but I thought maybe he'd be uncomfortable.

I am so thankful for my little family and all of the joy that they bring into my life. I am so very thankful for my sweet, loving husband and all that he does for me and our boys. He is a great father and husband. I am so thankful for our health, that we are both healthy and have three healthy little boys. I am so thankful for our families and all that they do for us, our friends and neighbors. I love them all very much!

I'm sitting here watching Gray's Anatomy as I write this post. Why so gory tonight?

1 comment:

Becky, yep said...

Glad your Thanksgiving was good (sink issues aside). Glad Max is doing better too!