Thursday, November 15, 2007

Broken



My dishwasher has been broken for about a week, and this is what I am forced to use. The part that it needs is $189, plus labor. It has been on order for almost a week and should have been in today. I tried to convince Mark that I needed a new model (ours is only about 3 years old and still very nice), but he thought $300 was better that $1000. Bummer!! I'm sick of my dry, cracked hands and want my dishwasher back. Plus, I learned on the Today Show this week that you use more water washing by hand than by using your dishwasher. See, I'm just trying to be more green.

7 comments:

Beach Girl said...

I vote for eating out and/or paper products until it's fixed!

Sherine said...

.... the little luxuries we take for granted.

Becky, yep said...

By "green" you mean Horny right?
Now, why would dishes make you horny?

Lisa Cannon said...

Totally horny! Geez Becky. You always want to talk about sex!

kara jayne said...

i feel for you. I lived without a diswasher for 11 years of marriage and 4 kids until we moved here to AZ. Our house in Wisconsin was old and there was no room for one even if I wanted to spend the money for it. The three things I was most grateful for when we moved here were #1 dishwasher, #2 main floor laundry room (no dark, dank, musty unfinished basement), and #3 ice/water from the front of the fridge! It's the little conveniences that make all the difference!

kara jayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda jane said...

Hey Lisa - I am so happy you found us! and was thrilled to see our blog already listed; I love this network of friends and so happy to keep in touch like this.
Amanda
oh and ps diswashers are a moms greatest blessing - after the important ones at least, hope yours is fixed by now!