Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Little Climber

Max is at that age where he climbs on EVERYTHING. Tonight, we had a plumber at our house and we were both talking to him in our kitchen. All of the sudden, CRASH! My kitchen chairs are very heavy and top heavy. If anyone happens to be standing on them and face the back of the chair, it tips over, if they lean hard enough. Max did it a while ago while I was cleaning out one of my lights and was using the chair as a ladder on the carpet. Nothing happened then, but this time was bad. He landed on our hard tile and smashed his left ring finger and right middle finger. There was blood drops scattered about. His left finger was bleeding and getting swollen. He was bleeding in his mouth. I was a maniac! This happened about 6:00 and I was supposed to work at the Gap at 8:00. I called and told them I wouldn't be able to come. We rushed Max over to the KidsCare and they x-rayed his left finger, which was the worst of the two, by far. Mark had to hold him down during the x-ray, which was difficult. He can be so strong! I thought for sure it was broken. How could I have let this happen? I was devastated. My little almost 18 month old, he was inconsolable.

Great news, the fingers aren't broken :) They gave him some Tylenol with Codeine, which calmed Max down considerably. His little finger (left) is all wrapped up with a stint. He is doing well now, fast asleep. He is such a darling little boy. Everyone at the hospital thought he was so cute and was so sweet to him.

Either of his fingers are broken, thank goodness! Hopefully he has a good night and sleeps well. Poor little guy...

7 comments:

amanda jane said...

Thanks for comming all that way to helpus out! I was happy to see you again too.
what a sweetie! I hate when that stuff happens we are just heading back into that phase. bracing myself - hope he si feeling well tomorrow, good luck!

Beach Girl said...

How sad! I am glad he is alright. You'll always remember this Thanksgiving by this event. Hope the remainder of your Holiday is better :)

Brooke said...

He is cute! Thanks for commenting on my post. Funny thing. I see Becky a lot. She lives a few streets down from me. Our sons were on the same soccer team this last summer. Jason Overbaugh's wife does the festival of trees with us. You should join us one year, its fun. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Brooke said...

He is cute! Thanks for commenting on my post. Funny thing. I see Becky a lot. She lives a few streets down from me. Our sons were on the same soccer team this last summer. Jason Overbaugh's wife does the festival of trees with us. You should join us one year, its fun. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Becky, yep said...

oh, MAX! OUCH! Hope he's okay and that your Thanksgiving is a good one! See you in Dec.

The Gatherum Family said...

Oh that is horrible. I am a maniac too when my kids get hurt. We are on our 10th set of stitches between the two of them and they are 5 and 3. No broken arms yet THANKFULLY. I FREAK out when I see blood coming from my kids or when they are hurt. Glad he is okay, he is ADORABLE, all three of your kids are. Have a great Thanksgiving!

The Gatherum Family said...

Oh I almost forgot. We went to dinner last night at Porcupine Grill and I ran into Jackie Cannon! How funny. I told her how you had commented on my post and recognized my parents-small world I tell ya! Have a great day!