Sunday, November 18, 2007

Why is it???



Tonight, we went to Payson for dinner with my mom, Steve and all of us kids (his and us). They had an amazing spread of food and it was all wonderful. They fed us steak, king crab legs, pork roast, mashed potatoes, twice baked potatoes, shrimp, shrimp cocktail, salads, and about a dozen types of desserts (I know I'm forgetting to mention some items). Steve still has his house in Payson and my mom still has hers in Sandy. They stay in Payson on the weekends.

Well, while driving home on I-15 near Provo, "Suzy"(all names have been changed to protect the privacy of the innocent) announced that "she" had to go to the bathroom. You know the kind, screaming, panicked and dancing all around their car seat. We had my grandpa in the car, and I'm sure that he was amused. I was yelling to Mark just to pull off the freeway, as I could sense the urgency in "Suzy's" voice. No, Mark exited the freeway and was pulling to the gas station, when "Suzy" said "oh no". Crap. I knew what had happened without a confession and I was mad. I made "her" sit in it the whole way home. We had to drive to Murray to take my grandpa home and then back south to our house. Gross. Our whole car smelled like pee.

Why is it that they give you no warning? We had just left Payson ten minutes before. Couldn't "she" tell that "she" needed to go to the restroom? Couldn't "she" hold it? Why can't kids hold it? "She" knew we were so close, but I guess that was too far. Mark was angry. I laugh now, now that I know the pee stayed on his clothes and his easy to clean car seat. Nothing got on my car, so I was relieved. It's always something!!

5 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Do I get to take a guess of who this person was? I am sure I can guess it. We will talk about it tomorrow!

Becky, yep said...

Suzy is MARK, HUH!?!? It's Mark, isn't it! Was it Mark? I'm right, I just know it!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Geez Mark, next time just pull over if you gotta go! :)

The Gatherum Family said...

K, HOW FUNNY-I have been reading your post too and been thinking, your husband looks like a Cannon and I wonder if he's related to Quinn and Courtnie and all of them. Courtnie and my sister Ashlee are really good friends-what a small, small world. Thanks for your nice words about my mom. I love when others tell me about her. I miss her SOOOOOO-O much and while I am happy for my dad, it is just hard. Anyways, your family is so cute and I'm glad you commented on my blog. Now I feel better about blog stalking you. Haha!

Beach Girl said...

Ashley wet MY bed tonight thus I am blogging until our sheets dry and we all can go back to sleep. My luck she wet my side of the bed :( I just hope it won't smell like pee forever.