Friday, November 9, 2007

The Snaggletooth






We've been referring to Ben's left front tooth (my right) as a snaggletooth for the past couple of days. We weren't sure what it meant so I googled snaggletooth today and Wikipedia had many definitions listed. The one I thought was the most applicable was "A tooth that is broken or not in alignment with the others". He refuses to let Mark pull it out (I won't touch it) and says that he "isn't ready". It is barely hanging on by a thread. Today my mom asked if Ben had lost a tooth because of the huge gaping hole next to this little tooth. He hasn't lost it yet - it just has moved closer to the other front tooth and looks ridiculous.

Both of his front teeth are loose! We could be singing "All I Want for Christmas" to him all day long, but no. He is being a chicken. He's already lost his two bottom front teeth, so he knows how it feels. But, NO!!

4 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Tag can't wait to lose a tooth! Good luck Ben...hope you can cash in soon!

kennyandkristin said...

I tried to tell him that I would take it out BUT of course he said no. Maybe you should remind him of the toothfairy. I am sure he would like to find some money under his pillow. Good Luck!

Sherine said...

We were at a stingers game with and Tobin's tooth was loose.. but not that loose.. Todd told him he would buy him a bat if he got it out by the ninth inning. Poor kid worked and worked at until it finally came out all bloody. I guess sometimes it's all about leverage. I'm with Ben.. it'll come out when it's good and ready:)

Anonymous said...

I remember you and Karyn tying my loose tooth with dental flose and the opposite end to a kitchen cabinet and slamming the cabinet. What loving sisters. See you on sunday