Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve is always a party at the Cannon house. It was and always will be Lester's birthday, and it was his (I hope he's not mad) 60TH birthday!!! All of the kids and grand kids were there and a few friends and his brothers came over to have dinner and birthday cake.







While the "oldies" were in the dining room, us "youngies" were in the family room playing Cranium. I haven't ever played the adult version, we always play Cadoo (the kids version).

Lisa and her oldest son Josh acting out a "thing".



Mark causing problems (as usual).




Scott and Ryan


Me - Boy, am I pasty. I need some sun!!


I had to draw the Eiffel Tower blindfolded. I cannot believe Scott couldn't figure out what it was!!


My sister in law Lisa Cannon. Yes, we are both Lisa Cannon - crazy! I used to be big Lisa and she was little Lisa. Or, I was old Lisa and she was young Lisa. I had to put a stop to that!


After Les' friends left, we played Cranium with everyone and let the kids run a muck. Sunday was Ryan's farewell and we were there on Sunday evening as well. I think Les and Sue have had enough of their kids and grand kids for a bit. The kids were having a great time without any adult supervision.

I have a brainteaser from Cranium. Let's see if anyone knows the answer. We were all stumped, and it finally took Scott googling the question to get the answer. What would we do without the Internet?

How do you cut a cake/pie into eight pieces with only three straight cuts of a knife. It was a true/false question and the answer is true, you can cut a cake into eight pieces with only three cuts. Now, you just need to tell me how? (I already know the answer.)

~~HAPPY NEW YEARS~~

6 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Also, I forgot Mark's dad is on the same diet. He looks like he is doing well on it. Anyways, I hope you had a happy new year.

Sherine said...

What a fun night!! I fell asleep after feeding the babe... and didn't even remember that the next day was a new year! There's always next year right?

♥Shally said...

Cranium is so fun! I have no idea what the answer is, I am sitting here drawing trying to figure it out... I swear I was smart before I had kids!! :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy New Year's to you! Good pics, do you like your new camera?

Becky, yep said...

I can't figure it out either! I hope you post the solution!
Glad you had a good one...see you Saturday night! Yipee

Debbie said...

What a handsome family! I will watch for the answer.