Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saturday Night Date Night


Last night Mark and I had the opportunity to have a "date night". We had a great time. First, we went to dinner at Market Street in the Oyster Bar. We went to the new location in South Jordan and it was so busy. It is so nice that restaurants are starting to open at the south end of the valley. Another great restaurant is MacCools. They have a location in Layton, Foothill Village and they just opened a third at the District. We need to go support them so they don't close. It is an Irish pub and the food is really good.

When we go without our kids, we always buy a temporary membership so we can go into the bar and eat. It is so great to eat without kids around. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but it is so nice to eat with just adults. They probably hate to see us coming because we don't order alcohol. We have a frequent diner card through Gastronomy and they always send us a buy one get one free postcard for each of our birthdays. We used mine and also had earned a $25 gift certificate, so we got off pretty cheaply. I had king crab legs and they are always amazing. They are my favorite!

After dinner, we went and saw the much talked about movie, Juno. I loved it! It made me cry. Mark loved it, too. The soundtrack is great, I may just download it from itunes so I can listen in my car. For any of you who haven't been to see this show, please go. I think the girl that played Juno got nominated for an Oscar. She was so great in this show. I loved the way she talked and the words she used. It made me laugh. Stop sitting around and go see this show! I'll go again if someone needs a date!!!

I just remembered something funny. Years ago, Ryan (Mark's brother) had to do a biography in school. One of the things he wrote about us is that we are "gourmet eaters". hahaha

8 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love this movie! Soo good! :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

P.S. Sounds like a fun date night!

The Gatherum Family said...

Isn't it just the best movie EVER? I loved it!

Shalice said...

I am excited to go see the movie! Also, thanks for the restaurant recommendations...it is always fun to go out to eat (especially without kids!)

Thanks for finding info on Amy...let me know if you hear from her. I hope you do!

I am living here in Utah...it is great to be around family and friends!

♥Shally said...

My parents are down here right now.. so we got a rare date night too! Isn't it great to just be with your hubby? :) We saw August Rush. Really good if you haven't seen it.

Loved your 100-- it is so fun to get to know you!

Sherine said...

lisa... I am a total food nut. I love finding new great restaurants, just don't get to go quite as often as I'd like. When we do go, I stuff myself. Appetizer..salad... dinner and dessert.

amanda said...

Mmm I love crab. And I have not seen this movie yet but I want to so bad. I have a date, now do you want to be my babysitter? Ha Ha

Brooke said...

I haven't seen it yet! I have heard great things about it. Thanks for the restaurant idea, we live close to Foothill. We are always looking for new places to go. I liked your list of 100. I didn't know a lot of that about you. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise since we haven't really seen eachother since high school. Oh, we do talk to Josh. We see him about once a year. Dan Davis usually has us over for a summer party. Did you know he's a dentist?