Thursday, January 24, 2008

St. George

Last weekend for my birthday, we headed down south to St. George. It was so nice to get away, out of the cold and snow. As you can see, it was very relaxing and nice. It was in the 40's or 50's the whole time, so we didn't need to wear our heavy coats outside.




We even drove to Vegas so I could do a little shopping. Mark is so nice to me! He puts up with my shopping and even likes to go with me without the kids. While in Vegas we went to Townsquare and visited some of my favorite stores. We shopped H&M and picked up some clothes for the kids and myself, Sephora and I got two shirts at Michael Stars. It was great!!! We used our Garmin to locate an In-N-Out for lunch and stopped by Trader Joes to pick up some sauces and candy. I love Trader Joes and wish there was a location in Salt Lake. I would die if Sephora came. I am such a sucker for products. I, unlike Kami, love to spend money on makeup.

While in St. George, we visited the dinosaur tracks and the wildlife museum.



Don't you just love the Spider Man clothing? H & M had a bunch that Ben HAD to have, much to my dismay.




We showed the kids the temple after eating lunch at The Pizza Factory.











The kids had fun swimming at the hotel every night.







Yes, even Mark had fun swimming. Look at that mean patch of chest hair. Lucky for you, I didn't get a full frontal shot of all of his hair. You would be shocked :) Kidding! I didn't even get in because I hate being cold. I hate having to walk back up to the room all wet. I'm no fun!

We even visited the local Golden Spoon. It brought back many memories of waiting in line at the Golden Spoon in Ft. Union during high school.

On Monday we headed over to Zions. I couldn't believe how dead it was there. You'd think it would be an ideal time to visit because it isn't so hot. Last time we were there was when Will was a baby. We had a family reunion there at the hotel that Mark's aunt and uncle owned, the Zion Park Inn. The boys went golfing and the girls stayed around and swam and visited their local ghost town. I remembered where it was and took the boys. It's the old pioneer town named Grafton. They have been renovating the old homes and the school/church and there is even a small cemetery.




The kids had more fun throwing the rocks into the Virgin River.



That spiderman stuff needs to disappear.... Ben insisted on wearing it every day.
We came back to an unbelievable amount of snow in our driveway. We drove home on Tuesday, so luckily we missed driving home during the storm. It is always so refreshing to get away, if even for just a few days.

6 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Lucky! I wish I could get away... Btw, that top picture of Max is adorable!

♥Shally said...

I need to go get Jax some of that spiderman stuff. He would love it!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So fun to get out of this cold for a bit. Looks like fun!

P.S. Happy Late Birthday to you!

Sherine said...

Oh I love quick weekend getaways... sounds like you guys had a great time. As far as the spiderman stuff goes.. that's by far the least nerdy I've seen. It beats those crazy light up spiderman tennis shoes.. even though I bet Deacon would love those:)

The Gatherum Family said...

I agree, the spiderman stuff isn't so bad, there is WAY worse. Good for you for getting it for him. I used to be ANTI character clothes, and I still am to a degree, but there are varying degrees of offensiveness and those ain't bad by any means! Glad you had a good time and a good birthday!

supermombritt said...

Oh the good old days of Golden Spoon. I too waited in that line. I thought they were all gone now. You should eat at Blue Bunny next time you are in St. George. It is a fun ice cream place.