Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Door



A few months ago I ordered a new front door for our home. It has been a long process, with many headaches, but it is finally here. Yeah!! I had it delivered directly to our cabinet guy for staining, got it all stained and had it delivered to our house. The installer came mid-December to install and the door was ONE inch to tall. I had to have the door company come pick it up and cut it down for us. Keep in mind it was all stained and perfect. They basically had to take it apart to cut it down. So, now it is in need of a visit from our cabinet guy for a little TLC. But, for the most part it looks great! I'm still waiting for our exterior shutters that match the new door, so I'll be happy when it is all finished.

Our old door was never installed correctly and you could feel the air flowing into our house. It never closed right and I hated that we had an all glass side-light. When kids come over (and maybe sometimes adults) they would just peek right in. I would be sitting there in my robe and a towel on my head and I'd see a little head peeking in the window. So.....without further adieu....





I was so nervous that he was going to drop the door. I was totally trying to help him hold it in place. He assured me that he had never dropped a door before, well, I didn't want mine to be his first. I was so NERVOUS!!! And, he probably thought I was crazy taking pictures. As I glance over, I have to do a double take because it seems as though our door is open because it is so dark. We have been talking about getting a new door for years and we finally have one.

6 comments:

Sherine said...

It's a beautiful door.. i love the dark stain

kennyandkristin said...

I love the new door. It really makes the entry look different.

The Gatherum Family said...

OH, I Love it! I really want a wood door, but I don't think it would look good with our exterior, add another "NEED" to my wish list for my dream house! It looks great!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Pretty, I really like it! I bet it adds a lot of curb appeal!

Becky, yep said...

Wow, that's beautiful! Worth all the headache!

Beach Girl said...

We got a new door last year. I was a trial to get a new door to fit our old house. Nevertheless, it was all worth it! Your door looks beautiful! Do you have any pictures of what it looks like on the outside?