Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow Day

Today was such a snowy, wet day that my kids had to take advantage of the fun outside. They played with their friends in the snow and didn't seem to mind the cold. Will build snow bases for his Star Wars ships. He basically stayed outside the entire day, sledding and enjoying the snow. He took off his hat early in the day and didn't seem to mind the heat escaping his body. I tried to get him to put it back on, but he wouldn't budge.




Ben had fun, too, but got a little cold and spent a lot of time with Mark inside.




I am so glad that I bought Max snow pants at REI this year. He really had fun playing in the snow, but did not love his gloves. He also didn't love his hands to be cold. So, needless to say, he wasn't outside very long.







My neighbors got out their four wheelers and pulled the kids around the neighborhood on a sled. They've done this in years past and I thought (still do) they were crazy. But, I succumbed to my kids request and let them go for a ride.



I was able to spend some time this afternoon with some of my good friends at lunch at the Dodo. We enjoyed some great sandwiches and shared their famous Toll House Pie. It was so fun to be able to be with my cute friends that I've been friends with for years. We've just started planning monthly get-togethers and am so glad that we did! I am so blessed to have such good friends. I love them all very much! Not all of the friends we invite show up and I wish they did. It is hard to get everyone there all of the time. Everyone is so busy, but I seem to be there every time. Man, I must lead a boring life :)

Tonight we finished up our cousins Christmas presents. I'm all finished with family - except for our parents. They are the hardest to shop for because they have everything! We've done everything from pictures to nights away. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Max is so darn cute! My son, Grey would love that snow cave for the Star Wars ships. We had a very similar day. The snow is so much fun, until mid January. Then all I want is some nice summer sun!

Debbie said...

Lisa,
As to your comment about your house lights - Tee is known as the "One String Wonder" in our neighborhood. People tease us like crazy. And they are not in a nice straight line either!!

Sherine said...

How bout couple's massage for your newlywed mom?

Tagan's gloves didn't stay on long either.. He and Max had the same 'snow face' after about 15 minutes... but he cried when it was time to go in.

Becky, yep said...

Loved lunch too and seeing you guys again! So fun!