Monday, December 3, 2007

Neighborhood Christmas Party

Tonight I made the best dinner - Butternut Ham Bisque. I went to BB&B today and bought this hand mixer:


I'm definately going to make good use of this little gem. I can be so sneaky and puree vegetables into various food items. Using that mixer made it so my kids ate dinner. They had no idea that onions, squash and potatoes were in the soup. If you want, I'll post the recipe. Just ask.

While making dinner, I thought I'd stick some rolls in the oven. I turned on my oven and while it was pre-heating, I heard a loud noise that came from my oven. I looked over and noticed that there was a small fire in my top oven. Max loves to play in the kitchen while I am cooking. Well, he had put one of my ice cream scoops in the oven and it caught on fire. I usually always double check to make sure it's empty, but didn't this time. Nothing surprises me with Max - he is a monkey :) I'll find stuff from my room drug all over the house. My house used to be clean most of the time, but not now, not with Max. He is into EVERYTHING!! I can't wait until he can eat at the table. I am so sick of his high chair. It gets so gross! Thank goodness for my steamer. It works wonders!!!



Tonight was our neighborhood's annual Christmas party. We all gather in a nearby circle and celebrate the season. We do this instead of giving neighbor gifts to each other. In lieu of gifts, a charity is chosen, and every one makes a donation to that charity. This year, we gave to Ronald McDonald House. It is such a great tradition - we get to help out people that need worse than we need. Everyone brings treats, we have hot chocolate and sit around various fire pits, socializing. The kids played in the snow and we even had a visitor from the North Pole.











HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That is a great neighborhood tradition. I love that idea. Unfortunately, in my neighborhood, I doubt very many people would show up. We don't have very many kids and not that many of our neighbors are social! (one of the reasons I want to move soon) I would love that recipe, it sounds good. Ditto on the highchair

The Gatherum Family said...

we do live so close. that mountain america is my bank! CRAZY. Gage is supposed to go to Southland Elementary. I have enrolled him in Riverton Elementary and I have put him on the list for 2 charter schools in the area so we'll see what happens. Do you guys like your neighborhood/area? I love it out here but we want to build eventually and hopefully stay in Riverton/Bluffdale area.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

What a fun thing to do instead of neighbor gifts. That is what we are doing too and I am hosting it this year, although Adults only. But I love how you guys did it outside with kids and Santa. Good ideas for next year. And Yes, I want that recipe.

Sherine said...

I love your neighborhood party idea! How did max do with santa?