Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm Exhausted

Today was Max's second Nursery experience. I stayed with him the entire time, he didn't last the last time he was in Nursery, so I decided to stay with him to warm him up to the idea. Besides spilling water all over his treats twice, he had a fun time playing with all the kids. I'm kinda holding off a bit waiting for the new year when all of the bigger kids are gone. Luckily, we won't be at our ward next week due to Ryan's farewell, so the next time we go it will be the new year!

After church today I was a little ambitious and decided to make some treats! We made marshmallows from Alton Brown's recipe. They were really easy to make and they taste so good! I thought that my Kitchen Aid was going to blow up! I probably shouldn't make marshmallows every day.



While those were cooling, I grinded some wheat and made wheat bread from a recipe that I've never tried. The bread was just alright. I won't be making that recipe again. Sorry, no picture!

While the bread was rising, I made some carmel. I LOVE carmel, it is my most favorite candy!!!



I'm going to cut it tomorrow and wrap it in cellophane and maybe give some out to neighbors or take to the extended Cannon family party on Christmas Day. Or, I may just eat it all myself! As you can see, we've already snuck some.

My legs are tired! I also made dinner, but Mark was kind enough to clean up my mess!!! He is such a good guy!

I said that I would make a dessert for Christmas Day and I think I am going to make a Gingerbread Trifle. I found this on someones blog and it looked wonderful. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Merry Christmas! We won't get to rest until Wednesday!!!

4 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Merry Christmas to you too.

Geez, you have been a busy bakin' bee. Those Marshmallows look yummy in that hot chocolate.

P.S. That trifle looks yummy. :)

Beach Girl said...

Merry Christmas Lisa! Your carmel looks delicious! I will have to make some too.

The Gatherum Family said...

It all looks good! Have a great Christmas with your family...

Becky, yep said...

I love the days in my kitchen! It's therapy to me! all your treats look yummy! I want the Carmel recipe! Hope tomorrow is a great one! See you Soon!