Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gingerbread House

Yesterday, while at one of my favorite places (Costco) I decided to pick up our annual gingerbread house. Like Sherine, I'm not very crafty, so when there is an activity all packaged and ready to go - I'm game. Next year I want to purchase a Gingerwood House that Mindy has on her blog. That is such a great idea. It is sealed wood that, when you are finished, you just wash off the boards and you're done. They even have an example on their blog of a Halloween House. Fun idea!

My boys are typical boys, they do everything so fast. We left the house to them to decorate and we just sat back and watched.



All Max wanted to do was eat the "nany". I'm sure that the gingerbread doesn't taste very good, but he didn't care.



Mark and I put the house together and left the rest up to them.



Ben was having so much fun that he didn't know he had frosting hanging from his nose!





Will was basically more interested in decorating his gingerbread man. To heck with the house!



Ben's gingerbread man



The finished product. It was seriously lacking candy in many spots, but they had fun and that is all that matters. This morning when I woke up, the house was falling apart. So, I had to throw it away. Shhhh, don't tell the boys. They haven't said a word about it!

Tonight Mark and I had his company party. We had dinner downtown and they purchased tickets for everyone to attend the Jazz game. It was fun to get to see everyone. It is so hard to park downtown lately, that I usually don't get to his office very often. We try to go to lunch at least once a week, but I usually wait at the street and he runs out. I'm missing our favorite lunch spot - Caputo's. With Mark on his diet, it has seriously curtailed our eating out. He has lost over 25 pounds. YEAH!!! We left the game at halftime so we could get home and put the kids and us to bed.

Mark has been extremely busy at work. They are working on this huge project for his group and he's been going to work for a daily conference call that takes place at six. Yikes! The firm's lease is up shortly so he's been in charge of all the plans/meetings with architect's/realtors/arranging offices at the new space and everything that goes into a large company moving. He has had help from the boys in New York, but he is the local guy on the move. Supposedly demolition of the space they are moving to starts tomorrow. It has been a long road, but it looks like it is finally happening. I am so blessed to have such a great husband. He is such a hard worker. Everyone loves him at his office and he does such a good job!!! The President of Merrill came up and told me what a great job Mark is doing. What a guy!!

Mark works for Merrill Lynch Bank and has for almost three years. He was working at Zions Bank and hated his job. One Sunday, I was reading the newspaper and happened upon an classified job for a VP at Merrill. I told him about it and he emailed his resume to them. He interviewed with the local guys and they flew out people from NY to interview him as well. Long story short, he got the job and it has been the best thing ever. They are so great to us and he loves his job. He doesn't sell financial planning, they actually have a bank that is headquartered in Salt Lake. I don't really understand what they do, but it is an Investment Bank and they deal with millions in all types of currencies. He speaks to people all over the world. I am just so happy that he found something he loves and enjoys going to work everyday. That makes all the difference in the world!

3 comments:

Becky, yep said...

That was like two posts in one! Love the gingerbread house, we're doing ours tonight!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks like some great kiddo fun! :)

Sherine said...

I'm glad you told us what Mark does.. todd asked me when we saw you a few weeks ago and I said... Umm.. I think he works for a firm.. maybe a lawyer? Anywhoo.. I kept forgetting to ask you. Love the gingerbread house... and how is Max' little finger doing?