Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Love to See the Temple

Mark and I were able to attend the Salt Lake Temple with his little brother Ryan tonight. He is preparing to leave on his mission on January 17, 2008. He reports to the MTC in England on the 18th of January. Mark's parents and his sister Kim were also there to cheer him on. It was a great experience to be able to share with Ryan and I so glad that we were able to attend. I hadn't been to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple for so long. The temple is so beautiful and we had such a nice time. The temple workers were so nice, I really enjoyed the temple because of them, they have such sweet spirits.

When I met Ryan he was just a little guy, only three years old. My how he's grown and how old I've gotten. It brings back such great and sad memories of when Mark left on his mission to Portugal. I was so sad and two years seemed like such a long time!!! I remember thinking the end would never come. And now to look back at that time and how much we've accomplished since then is amazing. It will be sad to go to their home and have him not be there. Max probably won't even remember him - he doesn't really like him now anyways. Max is such a mommas boy! Tonight my mom and Steve came out and watched our kids. Max cried and was upset to see me leave, which made me feel good to know how much he loves me. Will and Ben were just excited to wrestle with Steve.

After dinner we went to Settebello and had the best pizza - I highly recommend the Bianca, it is delicious! We've been there before, but we introduced Mark's family to the restaurant and they loved it. We didn't get home until 11:30 and my mom and Steve were both laying on the couch, exhausted! They wondered how we do "life" everyday and that only the young can raise kids. I guess they wore them out!

Thanks to Ryan for letting us share in this special night with him. We are going to miss him very much.

Les, Ryan and Sue

Kim and Ryan


My camera didn't take the greatest pictures. It was so cold outside and the choir performance had just let out at the Conference Center, so it was crowded. I guess I need a new camera. **Hint, Hint**

3 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks like a fun night. I just love Temple Square. We were there with Becky on Monday Night and it was so cold that we didn't stay long. :)

Becky, yep said...

Mark- if you're reading this...It's the D40, don't bother with the D40X
Becky

The Gatherum Family said...

I love temple square too, and I love going to the Salt Lake Temple. I like the pictures, they look very festive!