Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Summer Fun

Over the past couple of days, I've tried to do some fun activities with our kids. I'm starting to feel sad that school is starting so soon, realizing that I need to take my kids to some different spots around town. Last Saturday, Mark and I took them to Tracy Aviary to see the "bur-dees". Whenever Max see's a bird, he chases it around the yard. If one happens to fly over head, he watches it fly across the whole sky. They are definately his favorite. So, we knew that Max would enjoy the Aviary. We fed the ducks and watched the bird show. They boys really had a lot of fun.

Afterward we let them play in the water at the replica of the Salt Lake Valley. They enjoyed getting wet and watching various items flow down the canyon rivers to the Great Salt Lake.




Today, my sister and I took our kids to Discovery Gateway at the Gateway. It was SO crowded!! Now we know not to go in the summer. Also, it was the day when all the home-schooled kids went to the museum. It was the most crowded that I have ever seen. The kids had fun with their cousins, Lily and Charlie, but Karyn and I were a bit overwhelmed with all of the people. Trying to drive the stroller around with all of the people was not fun. When we had finished, we took them to Haagen Daz to get ice cream cones. I let Max have his own cone, and he love it! He was such a mess!! I got a Ben's Cookie. Who can go to the Gateway and not get a Ben's cookie? You also cannot go to the Gateway without stopping by Anthropologie to see all of the cute clothes.




1 comment:

B & C said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It is so fun to see pictures of your family. I can't believe how big Max has gotten! Hopefully we will see you soon now that we are back in Salt Lake.
Love,
Courtnie