Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my little Will and Ben. They were so excited.


The sun was so bright this morning. It was a beautiful day!

Ben is not a morning person, but today he JUMPED out of bed. It was so funny. Maybe now, getting up early, Ben will actually go to bed when we put him in bed! He finds every excuse to come out of his room. He is a night owl like his mom. Will was a little harder to get up. He wanted to stay in bed and "stretch". Funny, I remember when my dad would come to get me up for school, I would lay in bed and say "I'm figuring out what I am going to wear to school"! (Which was a big deal to me.) My sophmore year, I wrote down everything I wore to school so I wouldn't wear the same thing again for weeks! Funny! Now, that has changed. My favorite pair of jeans (Paige Trouser fit), I may wear a few times a week. We were at a funeral earlier this year for a friend from Brighton and a friend there commented how he remembered that I wrote down everything that I wore. Oh, to be young again, just to have to worry about that stuff!

The other day, Mark and I were talking about how I haven't really been school shopping yet. We start school so early and it is so hot. My kids still wear their summer clothes to school for a few weeks. And since I work at the Gap (about once or twice a month), I can just pick up clothes for the kids when the weather changes. I was able to pre-shop the Nordstrom sale and get the kids a bunch of clothes and a few pair of shoes. It is all fall stuff, so it is too hot to wear. You cannot miss the Anniversary Sale at Nordstrom, it is the best, especially being able to pre-shop. You go in the back room and pick out whatever you want in your size. If you've ever been the first morning of the sale, you know it is crazy! This way you miss the crowd but still get the great stuff!

The kids had a great first day of school! They both have great teachers, so it will be a fun year! I walked them to school to meet their teachers and for a little Donut "party" before school started. I was so sad! I held it in though. I didn't want to seem like a crazy lady, but I am going to miss them being at home with me. I'm sure Max was wondering where they were today, but we had fun, just the two of us! Mark should be worried. I'll only have one child, the possibilities are endless!!!!

2 comments:

Sherine said...

Hey lisa... I tear up every time i think of deacon starting kindergarten... and he still has two years. I've even thought of homeschooling... but I'm not nearly structured enough for that. I feel for you! P.S... I had my first experience with pre-shop this year... it was fabulous.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Hey Lisa - I think it is so cute that your boys like High School Musical 2. I loved hearing how you wrote down all of your outfits. Those were the days...kinda glad there over.