Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Poor Benny!!!

Tonight the boys had a baseball game, their second so far this season. Well, Max and I stayed home, both feeling a bit under the weather. I think our family was exposed to that parasite cryptosporidium and that is why we've all been so sick with diahrea and flu like symptoms. When we went to Seven Peaks, exactly seven days to the day after, is when Will got sick and Ben shortly followed. Our friends, the Mansells (who desperately need a blog), their son Josh got sick and now Mason is sick as well. Anyways, that is why we were home. I was sitting with Max and Mark suddenly ran into the house. "Ben got hit in the face with a bat", he said. I ran out to the car to see Ben. He is so cute and I felt so bad for him. There was blood all over his face and down his shirt. Mark came home to get his wallet and some Motrin for Ben, the they went to Instacare. About an hour later, they were home and this is what I saw....


His cheek is so red and his nose is so swollen and stuffy. His little voice is even different because the air flow into his nose is obstructed. This just breaks my heart!! This is our first experience with stiches, if you can believe it (having three boys). Apparently it isn't broken, as far as they can tell. I don't know if I can handle this sports stuff. My cute boys, I don't want them to get hurt. Mark played football at Brighton High, and he has injuries to prove it! He wants our boys to play, too, and thinks Will is going to play next fall but I'm not so sure.

No comments: