Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sick Weekend



We had such a fun weekend planned. We took the kids to the Hogle Zoo on Saturday afternoon. They have been begging me to go see the white alligator, the Ghost of the Bayou.



It was so hot and busy there, and the lines to see the alligator were so long. While we were at the zoo, Will complained about having a stomach ache. We left shortly thereafter, thinking the heat and being hungry was causing the problem. We had tickets to the Bees game, so we decided to kill some time and grab dinner before going to the game. In the parking lot of the restaurant, Will threw up. So, I dropped Mark and Ben off at the game and I went home with a sick boy! They just hopped on Trax and I picked them up in Sandy. We were awakened in the middle of the night by Ben moaning for me. I went into their bathroom and found Ben sitting on the toilet and throw up on the floor. Aren't these the best times. You are exhausted, half asleep, and you get to clean up vomit and diarrhea! Luckily, you are half asleep, so you don't really remember. We had a lazy Sunday nursing two sick boys back to health, but they are still sick! I hope they feel better tomorrow so I can do something fun with them. This is their last week off before school starts. Will will start second grade and Ben will start first grade. I am so excited to have some time alone with Max. While being home today, I decided to make a Red Velvet Cake. My mom only makes this on special occasions and I have tried to make it a few times, but it is never the same. This time, it worked out and I was so excited. I even took some to two of my neighbors. Partly because I wanted them to enjoy it and mostly to get it out of the house, otherwise I would have eaten it for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow.


This is the best cake! It calls for two bottles of red food coloring. If anyone wants this recipe, just let me know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet sister Karyn!

No comments: