Monday, August 6, 2007

My boys

I love my boys. Yesterday as we were getting ready for church, Ben came up to me and said "Mom, do I look handsome?" I turned and looked at him and couldn't believe how handsome he is. All three of them are so handsome, they take after their cute dad. I had do take a picture of them in their shirt and tie. I don't always have them wear a tie to church, but I think they are getting to the age that they probably should.

We had a great weekend. On Friday night we went to dinner with Mark's parents and then we decided to go to the Parade of Homes. We visited to homes located in Riverton and they were unbelievable, literally. The prices ranged anywhere from 3 million to over 5 million. The yards were what was amazing. They back Riverbend and all of them had pools. It is almost depressing. You come home and think, I live here.

Saturday we dropped off Max at Mark's parents and took Will and Ben to Seven Peaks with our good friends Sarah and Kevin and their kids. It was so much fun for us to spend some quality time with Will and Ben. I know that since Max has joined our family, they have lacked in the attention that they were used to. We all adore Max. He is such a light to our family. All of my kids are. It is amazing at how different their personalities are.

Today I had to go to the Gyno. I know, you are all jealous! I needed to go because it was time and I also had to switch my bc method. I had the Mirena IUD and after I have it for about one year, it makes me break out! So, I decided to just go on the pill. Then, when I do decide to get pregnant again, it is up to me, and not waiting to get into the doctor to have it removed to finally get pregnant. He asked me if I was ready to get pregnant again. I definately want another baby, but not yet. We are enjoying Max way too much. He told me not to wait much longer, you know, the older you get....

I have mixed emotions about school starting. I am not a morning person and neither is Ben. He attended afternoon kindergarten last year for this reason. So, he will be in for a rude awakening come the morning of the 20th. We went to Costco tonight and bought them each a new lunch box. They have the coolest lunch boxes there. I have enjoyed having them home this summer and being able to go do activities with them. I am also looking forward to having some one on one time with Max. Oh, the places we'll go! We are on year round school. I didn't think that I would like it, but I do. We can go on vacation when everyone else is in school. Last fall, over Halloween, we took the kids and my mom to Maui. It was nice to be gone for Halloween. We didn't have to buy costumes, buy candy to pass out to the neighbors or deal with the parade at school. We bought them some costume stuff in Hawaii and went out to sushi that night for dinner. My idea of a great Halloween! We also took them to Disneyland in April over Will's birthday. It's nice. You don't have to feel guilty about taking them out of school to go out of town.

I know that I have friends that read this blog that don't have blogs themselves (yet). I encourage all of you to start a blog!!! Then, I can add more friends to my "Friends that Blog". It is so addicting.

1 comment:

Lacey Jane said...

Hi Lisa!

So glad you found me...! Your boys are sooo cute. Don't think I've ever met Max (is that the youngest?), but he is just adorable.

Looks like you've had such a fun summer!

I'll be adding you to my Friends links, too. I always get so excited when I rediscover a friend via blogging... and, yes, it's very addicting!