Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day and a Getaway!


We woke up this morning to a serious amount of snow - over a foot! We hardly ever get any snow and our house faces south, so we don't even own a snowblower. I've thought about running out to get one, but I think everyone is sold out for the season. Last night on the news they said to plan on between 2-4 inches in the valley. Boy, were they wrong - it seems like they are always wrong! I called my mom to see how much snow they got - ZILCH, NADA! They are usually the ones with huge amounts of snow, but not this time. I guess I should be thankful for the snow, which I am, don't get me wrong. I'm just so sick of the cold and wind. I'm watching the news and there is more on the way. He just said plan on 1-2 inches in the valley tonight. Yeah right, that is what they said last night and they're never right.

We watched the Super Bowl this afternoon with some of my family. I made Chili and Tortilla soup for everyone and I must admit, they were good. It was entertaining to watch the commercials, but the game - that was another story. It was pretty boring up until right at the end when the Giants made the last touchdown to win the game. It is nice to just be home and spend time with family. Mark's parents are cruising Mexico right now - those dogs!



My sister, her husband Jon and their kids, Lily and Charlie are spending the next month in Scottsdale, Arizona. He works with his parents and they are vacationing for the next month in New Zealand. So, Karyn and Jon are staying at their house while they are gone. Jon usually travels all week, so Karyn decided to take the kids down so they could be with Jon during the month.

Karyn and some of her friends planned a girls weekend and my sweet sister invited ME! Mark is such a wonderful husband. He is taking Friday off work so he can be with the kids while I am gone. I'm leaving Thursday evening and will return Sunday evening. We are going to get a massage, pedi and shop, shop, shop. I am going to stay with them at Dick and Lynne's house and I'm excited to see their home. It is supposed to be amazing. And, Jon is in charge of their kids while we are there, so no kiddos to worry about! It will be nice to get out of the cold and go to the SUN and WARM - even if it might only be in the 50's. Wish Mark luck :)

9 comments:

♥Shally said...

My parents actually had church CANCELLED because they had so much snow. I didn't even know that was possible. They had 8 foot drifts in front of their door!

Your girl's getaway sounds fun!

(post your recipes on BB-- I would love to have them!)

Becky, yep said...

Have a GREAT time!!!

kennyandkristin said...

I hope you have fun in Arizona with Karyn. Make sure to take a ton of pictures of the house. Kenny and I have been dying to see it. Good Luck to Mark and Jon.

P.S.
Thanks for feeding Kenny last night!

Anonymous said...

How fun Lisa, I long for a girls trip.

The Gatherum Family said...

Fun, fun, fun. I am jealous. Have a great time and let's get together when you get back.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Have fun Lisa - That sounds like my kind of trip!

Shalice said...

Sounds like great fun! Girls trips are the absolute best...and 50 degrees - you might as well walk around in your swimsuit! I too, am ready for the spring to come! No more shoveling!

amanda jane said...

oh you lucky duck! sunshine and no kids. enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Kirkland's said...

Our church was cancelled because we got so much snow and nobody could leave their homes! Have fun in AZ...a girls shopping trip sounds delightful.