Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


I want to wish everyone a happy day! They day started out with school being "delayed" two hours!! Too bad we didn't know this until after we had already woken up. Actually, Ben was the only one who slept in - lucky boy! I am so sick of the snow - although today was a beautiful day.

After dropping the kids of at school, Max and I headed downtown to meet Mark for lunch. We had the BEST soup at Big City Soups. I had the Lobster Bisque and Mark had the Thai Chicken Noodle. They were both divine! We also headed down to the new cup cake bakery, Mini-Cupcakes, on 8th South. The cupcakes were pretty good, but kind of dry. I'm sure it was because of the busy holiday, they probably baked a bunch ahead of time to meet demand. I'll have to give them another try on a not so busy day. They weren't very big and had a hefty price tag of $1.75 each.

When we came home, Mark had some beautiful roses delivered to our home. I love getting flowers. I absolutely love having fresh flowers in my home, they make me so happy.

Tonight spent time with the kids and took them to dinner. I meant to take pictures today, but forgot. Bummer!

I hope everyone had a great day!! Happy Valentines!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. There are all these little trendy cupcake shops popping up but I still think cupcakes baked at home taste the best. We need to try the soup place, yum!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Lovings Day Weekend to you!

Cupcakes at home are the best, but I have wanted to try all these little shops popping up. That bisque sounds delish, we should do a girls lunch there.

Amy said...

Happy V-Day, Lisa. I've been lurking long enough. I love hearing about you and Mark. You have always been such a cute couple. I'd love to invite you to be part of my secure blog. I'll email you.

♥Shally said...

Oh boy-- we heard about all the snow. I think I would have given my kids a snow day!

Sleeping in? What's that? I have no idea what that means...

Sherine said...

Hey lisa!! I hope you had a great valentines day... Please please come visit!!

Becky, yep said...

You're Cute...I'm glad we're friends!