Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Baaaccckkk

I actually came home on Sunday night, but haven't had a spare minute to blog about my trip to Arizona. I had such a great time and the weather was beautiful. I need to talk Mark into putting this in our backyard...



It is a bathtub. How nice to be able to take a bath in the out of doors - especially on a hot Arizona night.



I had such a great time with my sister. We shopped (a lot), got a pedicure, got massages and ate at some great restaurants. It was fun to be with her friends and her cute little kids. Jon was such a trooper taking care of the kids most of the weekend. He really wanted us to have some time away, which was great. But being around her kids made me really miss mine. It was great spending time with them, Jon always makes me laugh hard. He is so sarcastic!

Will knows my cell number, so he'll frequently call me. He was very interested in what "toy" I was bringing to him. It's hard when you leave without your kids. Mine expect a surprise, so a lot of my time is occupied in that quest. I brought them back some books about Arizona, but he was visibly disapointed. He really wanted me to bring him back the sixth Harry Potter. Sunday night, when I was laying him in bed, he said that he really didn't like the books I brought, but he didn't want to hurt my feelings. My kids are so spoiled!!

My boys were so excited to see me when they picked me up at the airport. I still remember Max's face. He was so excited and shocked. I wonder if he thought I was gone forever. Ben told me that everytime he looked at my picture or something that made him think of me, he got sad. Ben is so tender and sweet. Will was crying on the way home, but I think it was because of my choice in books. I love my boys sooo much! They are each so different.

Mark missed me. I think he planned my return all weekend and kept me up late (when I was soooo tired.) hehehehe

I love flying home. I love seeing Salt Lake. It is such a beautiful place to live. Arizona is beautiful and so clean, but it is always nice to be home!

10 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

I am glad you had fun but I am totally jealous that you got to get away. Maybe one day Kenny and I will actaully take a vacation. Anyways, I am glad you got to go and spend time with Karyn. I am sure she was happy to have you there.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Welcome baaaack! How fun to escape this weather and your routine and enjoy a little retail therapy. It is so fun to return home to the ones you love.

Becky, yep said...

Lucky you! What a fun getaway!

Lacey Jane said...

Welcome back! Isn't the best part of the trip coming home?

I'm actually off to AZ this weekend, and I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Oohh, that bathtub looks divine! How fun for you. It is always easier to be a mom when you can take little breaks.

amanda said...

Next time you need to invite me. That looks like so much fun, and that bathtub is the coolest thing ever.

The Gatherum Family said...

Welcome Back! I've missed you! So glad that you had such a fantastic trip!

Debbie said...

OK, I might have to eat my words, but I am sick of winter. The snow plow blocked our mailbox again and the mailman won't deliver the mail. Your trip looked soooo warm.

Kirkland's said...

Jealous you got to go somewhere warm and relax and have fun!! I love that cool tub.

kara jayne said...

I'm diggin the bathtub big time!! Too bad I didn't run into you while you were down here. Glad you had a great time.