Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We're Off to a Bad Start Today




I have two sick kids that are obviously staying home from school today. Bummer for me! I'm trying my hardest to keep Max away from them, but he is so excited that they are home - someone to play with during the day. Isn't Motrin the wonder drug? Seriously! I give them some and they are feeling fine about thirty minutes later. I've tried Motrin on myself and it doesn't quite have the same effect. Anyone else?



They have fevers and Will has a slight cough. So, I don't think it is Influenza. Isn't one of the symptoms a sore throat? Neither of them have a sore throat. Hopefully they are feeling better and are able to go to school tomorrow. Hopefully Max and I don't get it. Hopefully!

I have two pullout cupboards in my kitchen that I keep my spices and various small items in. Max was immobile when I designed my kitchen. I wasn't thinking to the future. He loves to help me in the kitchen. Once he dumped out the cumin and without thinking, I vacuumed it up. Well, every time I vacuumed, it smelled like tacos at my house. My cleaning lady wondered what I had done to my vacuum. Finally, the smell is gone. So, this morning, Max found my sprinkles.



I often find Max with my sprinkles. He loves them and thinks they are delicious candy. They aren't really that good - they don't have much flavor. I left him alone, basically letting him do anything as long as he doesn't get by Will and Ben. All of the sudden I heard what I had feared...



Yes, Max dumped them out all in the couch. As you can see...we are off to a great start today! Hey, at least he loves to help me clean.

11 comments:

Sherine said...

At least your house might smell like sprinkles instead of tacos:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, sprinkles in a couch, I think I have had nightmares about that.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

We are having a sick day at home too. Looks like Max likes to vacuum. I hope you get it all up. :)

The Gatherum Family said...

Sounds like a day where you just stay in jammies and assume NOTHING is gonna get done!

Kirkland's said...

I love days like that! I agree that it's a pj day and stay home. I want to see your new kitchen!!!

Brooke said...

That is so funny that your house smelled like tacos every time you vacuumed! My kids love sprinkles too. I don't get it, I think they're kinda gross! Scott's birthday is Thurs so we're going out on Fri. Have fun!

Amy said...

Those are the mornings I pray extra hard for patience. I've never had the sprinkles problem, but my girls one time spilled chocolate milk down the cushions of our couch. I was afraid that if I didn't catch every ounce of the spill our couch would start smelling like sour milk! And since my mini van already smells that way, I was determined to save my couch.

kennyandkristin said...

I am sorry that the boys are sick. Hopefully they get feeling better for sleding on Saturday.

Debbie said...

Oh those are the days we remember. The older boys will have fun, though.

So many kids out of school with illness. Hang on Spring is coming.

Becky, yep said...

How are they feeling today?
Hopefully better!

Max is a stinkin' cute stinker!

Anonymous said...

I wondered the same thing about Motrin, daily! My kids can be miserable and then fine in 15- 30 minutes later. I'm chalking it up to the liquid. It must not take long to digest.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It is fun to hear from new people and read their blogs, too!