Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday

This week I was called to serve in the Nursery. It's funny, because just a few weeks ago I mentioned to Mark that I needed a Sunday calling so I wouldn't have to go to Relief Society. I'm happy to be in with Max, as I was in with both Will and Ben, too. However, the didn't release me from Activity Days, and that is alright.
Max wore his first zipper tie to church today. While getting ready, Max obviously wanted to wear tie, so in his diaper and undershirt, Mark tied an old tie on Max. He was so cute and so proud of himself. I wish I had gotten a picture!


As I was sitting in nursery, one of my neighbors was in with her little girl. We were talking and she said that she wanted to share a story with me. I hesitated because I know that many of my dear neighbors have many hilarious stories about my kids, especially Will. Apparently one morning she was trying to wake up her daughter that is the same age as Will. As most kids, she didn't want to get out of bed, claiming that she was tired and wanted to stay home from school. Her mom said that it wasn't a choice, that she must attend. The daughter proceeded to say that she wished Lisa Cannon was her mom. I thought to myself, oh great, what have I done now. She said that Will had told her that "my mom lets me decide every morning if I go to school." If only that were true. What a storyteller!


Yes, my neighbors have many stories of Will. We've had great laughs on many occasions about their various experiences. He was such a busy boy, so inquisitive and friendly. One of my neighbors found him wandering their home while the dad had just gotten out of the shower with only a towel wrapped around himself while everyone else was outside. Another neighbor (her husband is a pilot and wasn't home a lot) found Will rummaging through her pantry while they were in bed. They wondered what/who was in their kitchen and found little Will. We must have been outside that night and Will just opened their door and let himself in. Luckily, he's mellowed with age.



Will loves to climb into our bed and watch Disney Channel. I absolutely love finding candy wrappers or toys in our room each night. It drives Mark crazy, because his parents room was off limits to the kids. Apparently ours isn't :)



Max loves to eat. Don't ever get between him and food! And he is such a messy eater. I basically have to give him a bath every time after he eats. He wanted a yogurt and I knew what I was getting myself into by giving him one. But this time it was much worse than normal. He decided to put the bowl on his head. He is such a character. I can't believe how much he is talking, he is a parrot. He repeats everything you say. Will and Ben were fighting (as per usual) and they screamed "shut up", which I HATE. Max just picked right up on that and has been saying it lately.



Ben's homework every weekend is to find words or pictures from a letter in the alphabet. We started the year with "A" and now we are at "N". So, here is a picture of Ben tonight, searching the magazines for words that begin with "N". Every night after we put Ben to bed, he gets out of bed 20 times (not an exaggeration), either to ask a question, tell us something, get a drink or find a toy. Will's good, he sleeps downstairs, and once he's down we don't see him the rest of the night.



After church, we just stayed home. We usually go visit one of our parents, but tonight we decided just to spend time together. We have the 1-4 block of church, which is my least favorite block. Max doesn't ever get a nap on Sunday, and he is a kid that needs a nap. Max found Mark's laptop, he loves to push any and all buttons he can find.



Max was finally unbearable and fell right asleep. Doesn't he look so peaceful and innocent!! He's cuddled up to the quilt my mom made him for Christmas. My mom always makes each of her grandchildren a quilt. Will and Ben are lucky enough to have two quilts each from my mom.

I made brownies tonight and Max didn't get any because he was asleep. I used a recipe I found online, and it was really good. I did modify it a bit by adding chocolate chips and swirled some carmel sauce on top before I baked the brownies.




A little brownie and Girl Scout Samoa ice cream never hurt anyone! And, I am happy that spell check is back up and running!!!

8 comments:

♥Shally said...

Nursery is fun-- now that I have said that out loud, I will probably get a call next week!

Love the stories about Will- My neighbors have a lot of stories about my Jaxon too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie said...

What a nice post about your cute boys! I bet you have a big nursery. Yum on the brownie. You could have baked them in silicone cups!!

Lisa Cannon said...

Debbie, our nursery is actually really small, maybe only 10 kids. Our ward is a good mix.

Kirkland's said...

I just got released from Nursery and now Alex had a meltdown everytime I drop her off! I feel so bad for the new leaders in there. You have such cute boys...we still need to get together soon! p.s. I want brownies now!!

Sherine said...

Nursery!! There are some great websites for it.. let me know if you need a link or two.

kennyandkristin said...

I get released and you get called. I bet you will have a ton of fun in nursery with Max. Hopefully there are some other people in there that you like. Good Luck!

Becky, yep said...

My boys LOVE your boys! Will is so sweet, especially to Thatcher. He callse him the boy in the black shirt...still!

ps, I LOVE sleeping pictures!
Thanks