Sunday, September 2, 2007

Zermatt Resort



We just got back from a fun get away in Midway. We stayed at the Zermatt Resort and it was wonderful!!! The rooms are so comfortable, the restaurants were good, gelato and desserts at the bakery, the merry-go-round for the kids to ride, and the Sunday Brunch was delicious! They have a miniature golf course for all to play with putters and balls available for guests. I took the boys swimming last night while Mark slept with Max. They loved it! They thought it was so great to swim both indoor and outdoor in the same pool. We stayed at Little America last winter and they loved swimming outside in the snow. I highly recommend Zermatt!! We may even go up again before Christmas. We thought it would be a fun activity to do for Christmas with my family, instead of exchanging gifts! Maybe go sledding at Soldier Hollow, cross country ski or snowmobile at the Homestead. None of us really NEED gifts for Christmas. It is so much nicer spending quality time together as a family. We all have so much!! My kids don't need more toys - you should see their play room. We always struggle with what to give, especially our parents.

While up in Midway, we went to Swiss Days. It was so crowded. We walked through all the booths rather quickly and left. But, not before purchasing boys wooden guns that shoot rubber bands. Boy, that was a mistake. We fought with them about them all yesterday and today. How many times do you have to tell them not to shoot each other or to shoot Max in the butt. They may just disappear.....

I ran into an old friend, Buffy, at Swiss Days. It was so great to see her. She just had her first baby, a little girl, just four weeks ago. I am so happy for her. She has had a lot of sadness in her life, having lost both her parents within the past decade. Yeah, something happy, a beautiful baby!!


Riding on the merry-go-round...



Don't look at me, I don't know what I am doing. But, look how scared Max is. He is so funny!! (Man, my mouth is huge! You can even see my retainer.) Am I such a mean mom? He obviously doesn't enjoy rides. But, he surely acts like he wants to go! It's all fun and games until we actually ride the ride :)



Playing in the fountain.

1 comment:

Lacey Jane said...

Max's little face is so cute! Your family does such fun things! Thanks for the fun tip!