Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!!


Mark and I were married ten years ago today and it was a beautiful day!!! We met in October 1991 while hanging out with mutual friends. It was the night of the MORP dance at Brighton and we weren't old enough to date yet. We basically dated all through high school, with our relationship getting more serious our senior year and the year before he left on his mission. Mark served in the Portugal, Lisbon South Mission. I wrote him his whole mission, but there was a time where it kind of was getting old, so I used him changing locations as an excuse not to write. He called me at work one day (he was in the office), making sure that "no one was cutting the grass back home"! I laugh about that! He is the king of one liners. Mark returned home the night before Thanksgiving 1996 and when he got released the next morning, we couldn't keep our lips off of each other. We knew that we were going to get married and we were afraid to tell his parents that we wanted to get married. We knew that school was a high priority to them. My mom was all for it, asking when she could get a grandchild! When he finally talked to them, they were okay with the idea. Mark proposed on Valentines Day while eating dinner. It was so sweet! I had picked out my ring a few days before, so I was surprised that it happened that fast. I didn't think the ring would be ready.

Our wedding day was perfect. We had the typical mormon wedding. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple, had our wedding breakfast at the Lion House and our reception was held at the Old Meeting House. We spent our wedding night in Deer Valley and a few days later we were off to Oahu. My mom got us a condo in Waikiki and Mark's parents gave us our plane tickets. I got really sick while in Hawaii. We were able to do a session at the temple and to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center. But, most of the time was spent, sick, in the condo. Poor Mark. This was his first visit to Hawaii, and he spent most of it taking care of me and eating fast food from nearby restaurants. My mom picked us up from the airport and told me how "green" I looked. I was planning on going to work the next morning, but when I got up, I knew I couldn't and made Mark take me to the ER. I was admitted to the ICU with a severe kidney infection and spent the next week in the hospital. Mark had started school that week and had to work, so my mom spent every night/day with me. He was probably wondering what he had gotten himself into!


I am so blessed to have him as my husband. He is such a loving, wonderful husband and father. I am so proud of him! He is such a hard worker and so successful in his career and anything that he does. We seriously get along so well. He is my best friend and I am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion and that our boys have such a great example to follow. He sent me the most beautiful roses this morning. Max and I went and took him to lunch downtown and tonight we are going out with our kids. He surprised me a couple of months ago with tickets to Spamalot, so we are going to the show and dinner on Saturday night. Happy Anniversary Mark!!! We are planning a trip next month to celebrate. I really want to go to Monterey, California. I've heard it is beautiful. Has anyone been, know a great place to stay? We always go to California, but never Northern. We went to Maui last year, and been to NY. So, I want to go somewhere different. Any suggestions?

I need to buy a scanner to post some of our wedding pictures. Is that what I should do? How do you post old pictures (before digital)? What kind of scanner is best?

3 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

Congrats!!!

I love our scanner, though I'm not sure what type it is? And, I've never been to No. California either! Sorry I can't be of much help!

Lacey Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey Jane said...

Beautiful picture! You look so young. By the way, I think we have an Epsilon Scanner, and a lot of new printers have a scanner included, and each will get the job done. You don't need anything too fancy if you simply need it to scan pictures! At least, that's what I've found. :)