Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's Official


My mom is getting re-married! The date is Friday, October 5th at 11:00 at Sundance. We are all so excited for her and we think Steve is great. They actually grew up together and he was great friends with my mom's brother, Brian. They ran into each other last summer at the airport and have dated basically since then. He lives in Payson, but will be moving to Salt Lake until my mom is able to retire. She teaches 4th grade and her school is so close to where she lives, that she doesn't want to move until she stops teaching.

My parents divorced the summer before my senion year at Brighton. She met and married Keith in 1995 and he passed away from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in January 2005. She and Steve have so much fun together! It will be great, we worry about her being alone. They got engaged officially Labor Day weekend, so this wedding is happening so fast! Why wait, right?? We had a little get together last Sunday at my mom's home. They thought it would be a good idea for the kids to meet, and it was great. We met three of the five kids he has and they were all so nice. His youngest just turned in her mission papers last week and the others are all married. All of us kids were laughing that we hadn't seen our parents all summer long. They drive to each others' house basically every day, which is a long way to go. I worry about my mom driving back to Sandy at night, so it will be nice when they are married. Yikes, it is only two weeks away! What am I going to wear???

1 comment:

Kirkland's said...

I am so excited for your mom! She deserves the best life. I wish my mom would find someone to fill that void in her life. Love all the old pics, too funny! Do you know what Summar is up to? Anyway, you and Mark are cute and so M.F.E.O!