Sunday, March 30, 2008

Things You Should Never Do...


Never answer the phone on a Sunday if the caller ID is from your bishop. If there is a mysterious cell call early on a Sunday morning, you can probably guess that it is a member of the bishopric looking for the prayers for Sacrament Meeting. Well, tonight our caller ID showed the bishop and Mark did the unthinkable - he answered the phone.

I could kind of hear the conversation on Mark's side, "well, she doesn't really like to speak in public." As I heard Mark coming up the stairs, I immediately shouted "no"! I know, I'm bad. But, I really dislike speaking in front of large groups of people. Will happened to be upstairs and he was coaxing me, urging me to accept. He said that he wanted me to speak so he could laugh at me the whole time. Great! I know there are a lot of people out there that feel the same way as I do. I am great one on one of with a group of peers, but I die in front of large groups of people. I've done it before, but it's not my most favorite thing to do. I can think of a million things I'd rather be doing!

Mark said that I only had to take two-three minutes and he'd do the rest. DEAL (after much negotiation)! My topic is the joys of motherhood and Mark's is the joys of fatherhood. The topic will be great, I get to talk about my kids. I'm not very excited about it, but it will be good for me and good for my kids to see me up there. I'd really hate them to get my fear. Hopefully they'll be more like their dad in that aspect. Mark is so great at public speaking.

Wish me luck. I have two weeks to stew about it!!

11 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Good Luck Lisa! Two Weeks? That is too long. Don't you wish it was tomorrow, so you could get it over with?

Sherine said...

At least you have a great topic Lisa... I'm sure you will do great. I think you should just read posts from your blog.

Amy said...

You'll do great! We all know that you're a wonderful mom. You'll have lots to say. Post your talk after it's all over. I'd love to hear what you say.

♥Shally said...

That is a great topic. Hopefully you will have a great two weeks so you'll get a lot of material.

Becky, yep said...

I'm with Sherine - this is the perfect topic for you! you'll do great.

ps, what's the address of your ward house...hecklers are a'comin'!
just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear it, Lisa. What a fun topic (and one I could stand to hear today as my kids are driving me crazy!) Three days with Grandma and they're spoiled rotten. It was worth it, though.

Kristine Tanner said...

Hi Lisa! I was so happy to see your comment on my blog! It was good to hear from you! What a cute family you have! Hope all is well.

Debbie said...

Lisa, I have a great quote on parenting if you would like it. I will have Becky forward it to you.

Kirkland's said...

Easy topic! You'll do great, and once you start talking about motherhood you will be at ease since you are such a great mother! Don't fret.

DeDee said...

You crack me up! I am proud of you for accepting...you're making progress. You'll do great; don't worry about it too much.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry. That's at the top of my list for most dreaded assignments. At least it's a topic you know well. What mom can't talk about kids and motherhood? You'll probably have way more material than you'll need. Good luck.