Saturday, March 1, 2008

Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring

March is appearing to come in like a lion. It was a nice day this morning, but now a storm is blowing through. Hopefully it won't last long, I need to get outside and enjoy the weather as I haven't been able to this week.

I am so miserable. I don't know what I have, I hope it's not that nasty Influenza going around. It all started on Monday after school. I met Ben as he was walking home from school and he was crying, saying that his head hurt. Later that night, Will started complaining of the same pains, headache and sore legs. High fever set in through the night and it's lasted for days and days. Will and Ben missed the rest of school this week. Will is pretty much back to 100%, with a slight cough. Ben is still sick, you can really see it in his eyes. Although he is much better than he was. I haven't given him Motrin since last night. Ben is asleep now - he fell asleep downstairs while watching the television.

I started to get achy on Wednesday night after my friends dinner. Thursday I seemed to be okay, just a little cough. Yesterday was the worst day. Mark stayed home from work to help me, which was the ultimate life saver. I have the worst headache, body ache, fever, chills and cough. I haven't thrown up, but have wanted to because my cough is so bad that it gags me. Last night I couldn't fall asleep. I wanted Mark to give me a blessing so bad, but I didn't know who to call at such a late hour. I finally gave in to taking some NyQuil (that stuff is horrible) and was able to get a restful night's sleep. I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 this afternoon.

Today I am feeling better. I don't seem to have a fever anymore and my body doesn't ache as bad. My body is just sore from the coughing. And it's not a real productive cough, although it is starting to be more productive. I know, this is exactly what you wanted to read from me today. I'm sorry, it's the only thing that is going on with me lately. I just hope and pray that Mark and Max don't get this bug.

Mark has been such a trooper through this whole ordeal. Doting on me, doing laundry and taking care of the kids. In fact, right now he is at the grocery store with Will and Max. What a guy! He even put socks on me and helped me put on my "under" garments last night.

I hope none of you get this sickness, it is horrible. I know my friend Kami was sick this week and a few of my neighbor kids have been sick with this same thing. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy - I don't think I have any!

I just want spring to be here soon so we can all be outside, planting flowers and playing at the park. It is raining outside now...

11 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Hang in there...you should be on the upswing here soon! it's a brutal one!

Can I bring over some lysol wipes?

Kirkland's said...

Oh Lisa, I feel so bad for you! Hang in there!! I have Spring Fever too, this week was a total teaser!

julib said...

That is nice that he even helps whith your undergarments! Do disrespect intended but that is a funny thought! Hope you feel better.

♥Shally said...

Thank goodness for good husbands!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I hope it ends for you soon, it sucks to be the mom and be sick. I too am ready for warm weather!! :)

kara jayne said...

I am SO SORRY you have been feeling so miserable. It is so hard when MOM is sick. I'm so glad that Mark has been treating you well...it seriously makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

Debbie said...

I hope you feel better and more than that, I hope it doesn't recycle. Good luck.

Shalice said...

So sorry that you are sick! Thank goodness you have had your husband to help. It always seems like when I am sick - my hubbie has the busiest day at work...so we have to deal with it. Hope you feel better soon! (Thanks for blogging even when you are sick) :)

Sherine said...

Are you feeling better yet? I think you need to come to Maui... the fresh air will do wonders:)

Brooke said...

Wow, Maui sounds nice. I can't believe how many people have had this bug, its awful! My family had it awhile ago. Everyone out for a week! I hope you're recouping alright. Sorry I missed Wed. For some reason, I thought it was on Friday.

Beach Girl said...

Influenza is going around! I work at the U of U Urgent Care on the weekends, and we have a little epidemic of flu, RSV, and Strep going around. Hope you feel better soon. It is awful!

P.S. remember good hand washing is the KEY!