Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Do You Believe in Ghosts?



I think I've mentioned before that my sister Karyn and her husband Jon are currently renovating their home around 15Th East and 15Th South. Her contractor and the guys working on their home informed them that they do in fact have a ghost at their house. The know for sure that it is a man. He frequently makes himself known and will watch over the workers while they work. He wants to let you know that he is there. He is probably upset about his house. They've torn it down to the exterior walls and floor boards. She has heard noises in the home before, but blew it off, thinking it was the heating/cooling system. They've never seen anyone, but Jon said he's felt weird things and seen a light at the bottom of the stairs. But, the contractors have had many experiences. They finally had to tell "him" to calm down, that he needed to get the house done - that they need to exist together. I think Karyn and Jon might head over there and have a little talk with the ghost. Hopefully that goes well!

A couple of years ago she had someone show up at her house. It was an old man that said he had grown up in the home. We're wondering if it might be him, if he has passed away, or his father. Luckily he left his card, so they are going to try and get in touch with him.

So I've been online searching out ghost busters in Salt Lake. I would be freaked out if it were my house and I had to live there. But, it's Karyns house and I'm thinking it is pretty cool. I've emailed two different ghost hunters that I located on the Internet.

Do you have any ghostly experiences to share? Please share!

Utah Ghost Organization

17 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

Those old houses....scary. When we lived in their basement, there was always a creak in the middle of the night in our bedroom. Jon told us that someone had hung themselves in the basement. Luckily we were moving in the next couple of weeks so I was ok BUT I would freak out if anything like that was happening in our house. Also, in college one of my friends saw a man watching over us one night. She said that he followed my friend into the kitchen and then was gone. She said she thought that he was there to protect us. Two nights later we had a house blessing from our bishop. About 2 days later, two of the roommates moved out. They were totally freaked. I hate ghost stories and scary movies. I even change the channel when a preview for a scary movie comes on. Hopefully Karyn gets it figured out....I don't know if I will ever be able to sleep at her house again. I thought the creaks were just creaks because it was old....FREAKY. Now how was that for a comment.

kennyandkristin said...

P.S. Thanks for taking Camden today. I could tell he had fun...he was covered in dirt when he came home!

♥Shally said...

I don't think I could live there either...

But please keep us updated on what happens!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I would not live there.

melissa walker said...

That just gave me the creepies!

amanda jane said...

I often wondered about ghosts when we lived in our last house, it was so ancient. frankly I don't know if I could live with the thought of someone being able to watch me shower - alive or dead! don't think I could handle it. let us all know how it goes with their new friend.

Cecilia said...

Scary!!!

Amy said...

With my active imagination, I have always thought there were ghosts around. I went to York, England and took a ghost tour through the town. . .after that I really believe in ghosts! I just pray that they never manifest themselves to me. I think I would go insane! Your sis is a brave soul!

P.S. Hope you had fun on your GNO! Post pics soon. Can I really come with you guys next time? I would love that.

Shalice said...

I would move immediately...I hate scary movies, let alone a real scary movie in your house! Keep us up to date!

Becky, yep said...

Weird, I'm more under the impression that he's there to watch out for them. I'm sure he doesn't like HIS house being changed but he'll get used to it! They should make him cookies or something to smooth it over.

It's still pretty wierd!

kara jayne said...

I actually think that sounds pretty cool. Does that make me really weird?

Kirkland's said...

Oh my freak! I would move. I don't like stuff like that, got the creeps just reading your post. How was dinner last night? I didn't feel up to going. I'm still here, fat and tired!

Unknown said...

My brother-in-law had some scary experiences during his mission in Finland. Lots of opposition, Satan hard at work, some very tangible evil spirits. I don't usually get freaked out at little noises and creaks, but this sounds like more than that.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! That is freaking me out! I am up much too late in a dark house all by myself downstairs and I'm spooked. Majorly. I would have to move. Me and ghosts would be no good. No good AT ALL!

Lynell said...

Your blog is so much fun. Thanks for the great info. Ghost?? I could never live with a ghost. I can barely handle my kids. Ü

DeDee said...

Yikes! I agree, it's fun to talk about when it's not you. I don't know what I would do...

Debbie said...

We sort of think this house is haunted. (Ask T.R.) but by a ghost that likes to play tricks. For example 3 different times my stereo in the kitchen has started to play in the middle of the night among some other things.

When we bought this house there was a brass sign on the inside of the front door that said, "Bless this house." We left it up and I believe it.