Friday, March 7, 2008

The Farm




Today was such a beautiful day! After school and Max's nap, I took the kids to Wheeler Farm. I knew Max would love it because he loves reading books about animals. We had a lot of fun. There were two new baby cows that were running around their pen. Will and Ben thought that was so great.



The bunnies are always a hit. They thought they would share some of the bread we brought for the ducks with the bunnies.



Seriously - what a PIG! (enlarge pic)



Ben found a stick, which he smuggled into the car. I told him to throw it out, but no. He would later regret bringing that stick with us. He hurt his hand with the stick and our car. Don't ask. But, maybe next time he'll listen to his dear old mom. She knows best!



Will couldn't stand all the excitement and had to listen to his music.



Max loved chasing the ducks (notice the small stick in his hand). I think it's a boy thing because Will and Ben used to and still do the same thing. I wonder where Max gets it from?



While chasing the ducks, Max chased them right back into the pond.



Max got a little too close to the pond's fence and slipped down into the water. I should have taken a picture, but I figured that I'd better get him out before the ducks got him. When I pulled him out, we lost a shoe. Luckily, I was able to save it.





After getting bit by a duck, Max didn't like the idea of feeding them anymore. His face is priceless!

10 comments:

Becky, yep said...

How fun, You're so great at gettin' those boys out and about!
That pig pic is priceless!

amanda jane said...

how funny, we hit the farm today as well. too bad we missed you. and the sticks; my older gals do the sticks and I hate it. glad you got out with them - thanks for the suggestion, it was a great day!

Debbie said...

All your boys are handsome, but that Max is so funny. The last post's pictures are so cute. You should write a book about Max's adventures.

Kirkland's said...

Love the boy adventures at the farm! When is dinner? And when should we plan our playdate?

♥Shally said...

Love Wheeler Farm. We may be heading there sometime this week if the weather cooperates!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to take my kids there.

DeDee said...

You're so cute! I always forget to do fun stuff like that. We definitely need to get out more and enjoy this weather!

kennyandkristin said...

Poor little Max. The ducks at Wheeler Farm are crazy.

amanda said...

I used to live right by Wheeler Farm and we would go there all the time. It's so nice to entertain the kids for free. My kids loved it.

You have a comment from "Amanda Jane"..that's my name; Weird!!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Ryan.I Love that face and i really miss seeing you guys! I love this blog though its cool to see what you are all up to! Hope to hear from you soon!