Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Little Gossip


Mark had a meeting today with the Church and they said that H & M is coming to City Creek (the new mall in Salt Lake City). Well, the guy would neither confirm or deny about H & M, but when Mark asked and mentioned that his wife would be thrilled, his face went bright red. He was speechless. He also said that 50-65% of the stores are going to be new to the state. The new Nordstrom is going to be 60,000 square feet on each level (2 levels total - wahoo), the creek (City Creek) will be stocked with trout, an 18 foot, cascading waterfall, a retractable roof and the restaurants will be able to purchase their land, so they can serve alcohol. Some of the stores there it might be their first location in the U.S. How exciting for Utah!!! I really just want a Crate & Barrel, Sephora and H & M. We'll see...

Mark is always in the know. I try and beat him to the punch, but with him working downtown right in the mess of it all, he sometimes beats me.

13 comments:

KMJ said...

Hey Lisa, I just caught up a little on your blog. It is fun to read. What handsome boys you have! I have a few of those too! My youngest, Will, is 4 now -- but I know what you mean about just hanging out and being buddies during the day when the others are at school. But I also can't believe the school year is nearly over and our boys will moving on to 2nd and 3rd grades! Yikes! Well I should just email you, but now that I have typed this I will go ahead and send it.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is the best "gossip" I have heard all day! Wahoo! Fun to have a friend that is in the know. ;)

Becky, yep said...

Oh, I Love H&M! My favorite! oh, please be true!

Kirkland's said...

OK, Chris and I were just talking about that 2 days ago and hoping that H&M would be coming!! yeah!! I can't wait for that mall.

Debbie said...

What an addition City Creek will be! It is hard for the people who have to work downtown, but it will be worth it. Great heads up!

The Gatherum Family said...

I have heard that as well. I hope, hope, hope it's true!

Bridget said...

I linked to you from Jessica.

I think I may just have to move back to Utah if you are getting an H & M. How exciting!

♥Shally said...

LOVE H&M. They have on in Rochester, and I would go on all Zach's road trips there so I could shop!!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the information! I hadn't heard anything about the new mall. I'm so excited! Way to go SLC.

Kate said...

I would have no reason to go to NYC... hopefully- gateway will pick H & M up... that would be awesome!

Sherine said...

Ohhh I love rumors like that:) p.s... that olympics video was hilarious. Thanks for sharing

DeDee said...

Sounds like a date...since that is where we always meet anyway!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am with you. A Crate and Barrel is a must. I love Sephora too but am not as into make up as I am into my house. Unfortunately we are headed up to Idaho and there's not a single Nordstrom in the entire state. Thank goodness for online shopping!