Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Newest Scout



Tonight our family had the privilege of attending my cute little Will's first Pack Meeting. They welcomed him to the pack; Mark and I even got to put on his neckerchief and ring thing in a special ceremony in front of all in attendance.

A few weeks ago we took him to the local scout store and bought him everything that he needed to become a scout. He's been reading his scouting book so much that I'm sure he's got the entire book memorized. He is so excited to start scouting! Now I just need to figure out how to sew on the patches. I guess I need to dust off my new sewing machine that I've had for a few years and never used. I hot glued the patches on for tonight. Don't laugh...my neighbor Debbie told me to do that! It worked, but apparently I didn't glue the corners down, so they kept poking up the whole night. I'm learning!





It was so fun to watch him interact with the other scouts. It is so sad because he is growing up way too fast. This Saturday Will is going to be baptized a member of our Church. It is going to be such a wonderful and special day. I am so excited for him!


Mark fell asleep the other night while surfing the web. I heard him breathing deeply and I knew he was out like a light. I had to snap a picture...don't pay any attention to his shirt!



We've been so busy lately. It seems like every night we have something going on, whether it's baseball, young men's or something else - it's craziness! When did life get so busy? We've been busy getting our house ready for Saturday.


On Sunday, my brother is blessing their baby boy, Emerson. They live in a condo, so I offered to let them have their "open house" at our home. I've been spending a lot of time getting our house ready for the parties. Patching and painting walls and cleaning - heck, I even stained our swing set/tree house and deck on Monday and Tuesday. My house has to be perfect. I hate to admit it, but I am one of THOSE people!

12 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yay for Will! What a cute little scout! I just got called to scouts, so I am learning everything with them.

I too am one of those people too - Everything does have to be perfect!! What is wrong with the rest of you. ;)

The Gatherum Family said...

Oh they do grow up WAY too fast. I need to restain our swingset too. I am dreading it...I also need to paint ALL my exterior doors and frames...AUGHHHHH the list NEVER ends...:)

amanda jane said...

hey - where is a pic of the play house to show all that hard work! enjoy the day, I can't believe it's been eight years since we first became parents. you are doing a great job Lisa - your boys are good kids. oh and good on Mark too!

Becky, yep said...

Steppin' out of the comfort zone a bit with the hostin' stuff...good job Lisa!

And Will..so cute! Yay for hot glue!

Shauna said...

Welcome to the world of Scouts. What a cute kid.

Lisa Cannon said...

I don't mind the hosting. I am just a freak about my house. I need to settle down! I am touching up our walls today...so fun!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Don't have to sew on the patches. At the scout store go and ask for the patch stick stuff. They'll know what you mean. I used to sew on Alex's patches until i heard about the "sticky" stuff. You can still wash and dry like usual and they won't come off but it is WAY easier.

kennyandkristin said...

We can't thank you enough for letting us do Emerson's blessing at your house. I hope you know that we totally appreciate it!!! One day Lisa...we will pay you back! Thanks again!

Lynell said...

What a good looking scout. It is such a great program. I will have my third Eagle Scout in a few months.

Hosting events are always a good time to get everything in perfect order. It can make you crazy but it sure is nice to get it done.

I will admit that I have had to get over the perfect thing. My kids were always showing up with friends and wanting parties at our house. It was making me crazy. I have totally relaxed. I don't know if it is a good thing. But, it certainly has been nice for me.

DeDee said...

He looks so cute in his uniform! I love it!

Shalice said...

You are a crazy woman! Staining the deck and swingset is a huge project. I am the same way when entertaining...and my husband thinks I am nuts! After they leave and the house is in shambles, I wonder why I spent so much time cleaning.

Will is cute in his scout uniform. Watch out, before you know it he will be 10 like my little scout!

Unknown said...

They have these really cool adhesive sheets that you can buy at the scout store. They have the patch shapes all outlined that you can cut out and stick onto the back of the patches. No ironing or sewing required. I love them.
Thanks for visiting my bog! I did a farmhouse sink again, a little different than my last one. No grooves. :( I saw yours, it's my favorite. I scrolled through your pictures. Don't you love Grandma's bread? I miss it. None in our new area.
My paint in my bath (I'm assuming master?)is Ralph Lauren Urban Loft Hazel Woods. It's a pretty color. Kind of a gray green. It looks darker in the pictures.