Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Poor Will



Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day until the evening. Will and the kids were outside in our back yard playing around and jumping on the trampoline. Yes, we have a trampoline and I know they can be dangerous. I had to beg Mark to let us get one a few years ago.

Well, Will was jumping and landed on his right foot wrong and sprained his ankle. He was crying so hard, I felt so bad. Mark rushed him to the doctor and they x-rayed both ankles. We'll know more after the radiologist examines them. His sprain is near the growth plate, so they want him to stay off of that leg. So, no school, no baseball and maybe no Fathers and Sons on Friday night. We'll take him in for a follow up with our pediatrician on Thursday or Friday.

Today Will is still really sore. He has been lying on the couch all day and night, keeping his foot elevated with ice bags every hour for twenty minutes. He is such a big kid - so tall, and you should see me try and carry him to the bathroom. It is quite hilarious.

I hope he starts feeling better soon. I know it is killing him to be stuck in one spot. He is usually a very active kid, always on the go with all of his friends.

Love you Will!!

5 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So sorry Will. That is a bummer. I hope you can still make it to your Father and Sons night.

Get well soon!

kennyandkristin said...

Poor Will....He looks like he is doing better today. Hopefully he won't have to be off his leg for long. Keep us updated!

Shauna said...

Too bad. That is no fun to miss Father Sons (for you too).

The Gatherum Family said...

Poor Will. I hate it when my kids get hurt (I do love that they like to cuddle and be held though :) Hope he feels better soon...

Anonymous said...

That same thing just happened to another friend of mine a few weeks ago. Same injury, same way (except that it was her three-year-old son and his 15 year-old brother landed on top of him on the tramp.) Still, I let my kids, even the girls, jump away at grandma's.
Get well soon, Will. Everyone will want a turn with your crutches. You'll have the neatest toy in the class.