Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys



Meet the local snake tamers. It is a yearly ritual of the boys in our neighborhood to go on snake hunts. They love them and I think they are disgusting. Ben wants to keep one as a pet. I told him he could, as long as it stayed in our backyard :) I finally explained to him that those snakes probably have a family and that you are taking them away from their families. They agreed and let them free! That doesn't mean they won't be searching for them again tomorrow!

This morning while getting the boys ready for school, I sent Ben in to put on his shoes and socks. He came out looking like this...






I laughed so hard and just happened to have my camera nearby. Ben ran from me, as you can see. He always comes out with the craziest outfits, he makes me laugh! Boys have no fashion sense!

8 comments:

Kristine Tanner said...

That is awesome! Looks like something my little Ashley would throw together. I love it! I also loved your response to keeping the snakes. I'm going to keep the "family" thing in my mind for future use if anyone ever wants to bring creepy-crawlies into my house. I have been playing catch up since my vacation, so I just read alot of your posts. It was fun to read them. Congratulations to Will on his baptism. That is so cute. I can't wait to see Ashley baptized (actually I can because she will be that much older, but it will be so sweet.)

Lynell said...

What a great outfit. Yes, boys will be boys.

I have some real fun memories of lost pet snakes in our house. The things we will do for our kids!

Becky, yep said...

That's total fashion sense! Trend setting fashion!

Shauna said...

Kids and fashion, oh my. My daughter came out one time wearing my down vest and her brother's soccer shorts. She was going to go to school like that.

kennyandkristin said...

I bet you made him march right back to his room and change....that is just too funny. Also, the snake thing is awesome. Snakes don't bother me too much but I would never have one as a pet. Good thinking on telling the boys that they had families.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I knew about the snake hunts, but I didn't actually think they were very successful. Two snakes in one outing. Nice bounty.

Brooke said...

I love the socks. Seriously, what is it with boys? My son can't understand why it isn't okay to wear the same outfit to school everday. How fun that Will was baptized. Isabelle turns eight in July. I'm excited, what a great experience.

Debbie said...

You know the "Kathy" Cartoon where she spends 3 days at the stores picking out a swimming suit and her boyfriend Irving, walks up to a rack and picks a blue one and leaves? Boys!?!