Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Stubborn Kid

So, this is Will's cast which has been signed my many of his friends:



Will won't wear the shoe the doctor gave him to walk in. He says it is UGLY!



Do you think it's ugly? He is ruining the bottom of his cast. The last thing I want to do is to drive up to Park City every week to get his cast replaced. He is so stubborn and will not wear it. He could stop using his crutches and just walk in the shoe, but NO! I wonder where he gets it from????

So, this is what I had to do to help hold his cast together and protect it. Any suggestions? The top of his foot is all bruised and he doesn't know how it happened. I guess it could be from his brake, or if it's something he's not telling me.


The countdown to June 12th is on! (Cast removal day)

11 comments:

♥Shally said...

Yep. I'm with Will--the shoe is ugly.

Sherine said...

maybe duct tap the bottom of one of marks old flip flops or something. That would give a little padding.

kennyandkristin said...

Maybe Nordstrom's can do something for you!! I am pretty sure he gets his fashion sense from his mother....and you probably wouldn't be caught dead wearing that shoe.

Becky, yep said...

June 12th is Tag's birthday!
Anyway...Starting off the summer with a cast SUCKS! No swimming...sprinklers and on and on! YUCK!
Good luck protecting it! bribery might work with the shoe!?!

Francine said...

I bet you both can't wait for June 12 th. I hope it comes soon. The Mother's day pictures of you and your boys are so cute. I'm dying to know where this snow shack is. Maybe I can bribe Kristin. I hope you don't mind, I added you to my list of "blogs we like".

Cami said...

He's right the shoe is ugly...poor little guy. I always wanted a broken leg when i was young...I know weird. Cute pic of you and your boys.

Beach Girl said...

The bruising usually is from inflammation/bleeding at the injury site that has settled down in the foot now that he is up and walking. As for the boot, try and get him to use it. I have seen black boots, if he likes black better than blue try and get one in black. Poor boy. Hope he gets better soon.

DeDee said...

Boys, boys, boys. I don't know what else to say besides "good luck". Zoe wouldn't touch that boot with a 10 ft. pole! Maybe you could decorate it? Ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

duct-tape always works wonders!!! you're smart!!!

Lynell said...

I would probably skip the shoe too. June 12th should arrive soon.

Brooke said...

Yep, the shoe is ugly. Its amazing how young our kids are when they start caring about what they are wearing! It makes me laugh. Casts and summer do not go together. The heat, water and itching. No thank you!