Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wrong Way on a One Way...


Tonight I was able to spend some time with my Activity Day girls. We went downtown to the Church History Museum. There is an exhibit "I Am A Child of God" that we wanted to take them to see. They had fun re-enacting the Nativity, but I think the exhibit is geared toward younger kids, but they still enjoyed themselves. I enjoyed looking at the old photographs of downtown that are on display in the basement. I am glad that I was born in these latter days and not as a pioneer. They had it rough...but they didn't know any better.


After the museum, we decided to take the girls for ice cream. I knew that there was a McDonald's on 5th or 6th South, but I couldn't exactly remember where? While driving down 3rd West, I spotted a Wendy's and we decided a frosty sounded better than a cone. So, I had to drive down to 6th South to flip a U turn. So, now driving north bound, I turned right on the street that I thought the Wendy's was on. One of the girls yelled out "there is McDonald's". What? I was on the wrong street - driving the wrong way on a one way street (5th South, freeway entrance). I screamed and quickly turned into the nearest parking lot to compose myself. The girls were laughing their heads off. I was so embarrassed!!! I was with another leader, Shannon, and she was laughing too. I just kept threatening the girls not to tell their parents, that if they did, they would never let them drive with me again. There were headlights coming towards us, but they seemed farther away than they probably were. I was so EMBARRASSED and can hardly wait to see who teases me about this......


When I got home, Mark asked me where Ben's toothbrush was. Then, I remembered that Max used it in the toilet today. Yes, Max is having fun in the toilet. I can always tell when he's been there... cold, wet hands, a wet shirt and droplets on the toilet. So GROSS!!! Luckily I had a replacement for Ben so he was able to brush his teeth.

No comments: