Saturday, October 27, 2007

Friday Night Get-Away



Yes, we had the opportunity to get away again this weekend. We are so lucky, I know. And really, we hardly ever do this, but should more frequently!!! We spent the night up at Sundance. We had a great time and the weather was beautiful. We ate dinner at the Tree Room, which was excellent. The service there was bordering on doting. It was great!

This morning, we had a great breakfast at the other restaurant up there called The Foundry Grill. We hardly ever get to go out to breakfast because we aren't really morning people. By the time we are up and ready, it's time for lunch.
The ski shop up there had coats/hats/winter gear 40% off, so I got a new Spyder coat. I am hoping that I can take the kids (Will and Ben) skiing this year. They've never been and I really want to get them in lessons this winter. I have such great memories skiing with my friends. I remember going with Mindy and Jenny on the bus up to Brighton. I don't think I'd ever let my kids ride the bus alone - anywhere. I remember some "unique" people on that bus. Mostly, it was kids like me, but there were the occasional ski bums (already hitting the flask.) After all, you can't drink all day if you don't start before 8:00 am.

2 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So Fun for you two I love Sundance. I love your sweater, it's so cute.

Becky, yep said...

yep, love Sundance....I got a blog.
http://whatitisxo.blogspot.com/, link me!
See you tomorrow!