Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lagoon

Today we were nice parents. Mark took some vacation this week and we decided to take the kids to Lagoon today. It was such a hot day! It stunk everywhere we went of sweat. I even stink, and that never happens! The first thing we did when we got home was shower, especially Ben (read below).

We had a great time spending the day together. We tried to hit most of the wet rides so we could cool off a bit. While in line for the Log Flume, I recognized the people behind us. I went to Oakdale with them, the Meservy twins, and it was great to catch up with them.



Poor Will, he is too tall for most of the kiddie rides. Lucky for us, Ben still does, so he was able to ride with Max.


Dying of the heat while waiting in line for the Tidal Wave. Max was able to ride with me and he was shaking and red faced because he was so scared. It was so funny to watch him. At the end of the night we went on the Tilt-A Whirl (one of my favorites) and we really got it spinning. Max hated it, but it made us laugh. Is that bad? I thought he was for sure going to throw up!
Waiting for their turn on Puff. Lucky Mark!
He looks like he is having fun - just thrilled!

Will and Mark on Jet Star II

I took Will and Ben on Wicked. The line was so long, and we were nearing the end, when Ben informed me that he needed to go to the restroom. Great. I just told him not to think about it and we would go right when we got off the ride. I kept trying to distract him, get his mind on something else. Did he expect me to just walk away? We were almost there!

Ben suddenly got a worried look on his face and I looked down and noticed a drip on the ground. Oh NO! I just stepped ahead, pretending that I didn't know what was going on. I have a bladder and I know how they work. How does Ben not know that his bladder needs to be emptied before he gets in line for the ride? I usually have fair warning when I need to relieve myself. And, I am able to HOLD IT! The worst part, besides the smell of Ben the rest of the evening, was the fact that I saw people walking in his urine. Little did they know what they were actually stepping in! After the ride was over and I ran him over to this splash pad to rinse off. Was that a bad idea? What else was I to do? It helped relieve the itching and irritation. It was all I could think of to do. I don't pack a change of clothes for them (Max, yes, Will and Ben, no).

While driving home, Mark and I were talking about that and how there are random puddles all over Lagoon. We could all be walking in someones urine. I do try to avoid those puddles. Next time you are tempted to walk through a puddle, think twice. You never know!

8 comments:

Shalice said...

Oh Man....I will definitely watch out for the puddles!

We have season passes....I don't even really like Lagoon, but it keeps my kids busy. The best part....we can go for an hour and come home!

Sherine said...

Maybe I'll make my kids wear pullups before we go....

that's pretty funny lisa..

Beach Girl said...

Poor boy! We have had our share of public "accidents" but none so funny. Happy 24th!

♥Shally said...

Poor Ben!!

And NO puddle jumping at Lagoon for us!! Thanks for the heads up.

Cami said...

You are nice parents....but gees take your kid to the bathroom lisa!! I wouldn't have gotten out of line either! sometimes they need to take one for the rest of the team!

Anonymous said...

Your puddle comment cracks me up. I think that all the time when we walk in manhattan! no I know I'm not crazy...

Anonymous said...

Yucky! I won't look at puddles the same way again. :)

Becky, yep said...

Oh, poor Ben! The rinse was a great idea!