Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A First

Today my good friend Cindy invited us to go to Kennecott, to visit the copper mine. I am embarrassed to say that I have never visited this Utah landmark and I've lived here my entire life.


While driving through Herriman, we stumbled upon this cute little fawn standing right in the middle of the road.



It's mother was on the other side of the fence, clearly waiting for it's baby to join her. As we drove by, the baby was frightened and ran in front of the car to the other side of the street, but there was a fence on that side as well. The baby couldn't get over either side of the road.





I don't know what happened, hopefully they were reunited!

Once we finally arrived at the mine, we watched all of the big tractors, dump trucks and other various sorts of large vehicles. The boys were enthralled!

I love that little finger!





Where's Waldo?? (Can you see Ben?)



I think everyone that has visited the mine has a picture like this. Can you believe how big that tire is! Thanks for inviting us to go, we had a great time!

7 comments:

Sherine said...

Oh you are just full of fun family ideas. We've never been there either.. good to hear that your kids had a good time.

Becky, yep said...

We, too, hadn't ever been there before until last summer...we went FOUR times!
It's a sight to be seen! and yes, we have a tire picture!

The Gatherum Family said...

I've never been there either...I've got to check it out after the baby comes...you'll have to come back with us!

Sam and Josh said...

When we were renting a house out there while we were building, we drove by every day. So good to see you saw it.

Shalice said...

I have a picture in front of that tire when I was about 6! I forgot all about it...I will have to take my kids!

Do they still give out pennies? That was so fun as a kid!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

Your blog is so fun. I love your links to recipies! I am going to use it! It was so good seeing you the other day!

Kristen Maylett

Cami said...

Hey that looks like fun! I have never toured there either. I will have to go now!!