Monday, July 21, 2008

Cub Scout Camp

I just dropped my oldest son off at the church for a day long adventure with his scout troop. When I went down to his room this morning, at 7:15, he jumped right out of bed. He never does this. I have to practically pry him out of bed with a crowbar during the school year. And, this summer, we sleep in. He is so cute. He said that he couldn't fall asleep last night because he was too excited. I am a little sad that he is growing up so fast.


This camp goes for two days. The only rule that the Scout Master instilled was to use the buddy system while going to the restroom. He also mentioned that he will be implementing new rules as the day goes on. I'm sure he will!

So it's just Ben, Max and me until 4:00! I think we just might go downtown and take Mark to lunch. I kinda want to check out the new Caputo's. It is an overcast day, with scattered showers. I'm sure Will will come home very dirty.

5 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun for Will! I am in Scouts, and our boys went last Friday. Yay for overcast.

Cami said...

That sounds like fun for him! Missed you last night at our ridiculously long meeting. :)
That class is at American Fork rec center and it was only $30! cohen loves it. He is already such a sports fanatic though.

Brooke said...

Did he go to Tracy Wig-wam? I was the bear and wolf leader a few years ago and went with the boys. I think the boys had a lot more fun than I did! It looks like summer is going well. I too have never been to the copper mines. Its on my list of things to do! One of these days, right?

We in Minnesota said...

I think I just needed a really good cry. Thanks.
Your son looks so cute in his uniform. He WILL come home very, very, exceptionally dirty. And he will have had a great time. I tell people that I don't like 8 year old boys, but watching them at the Cub Country, having fun, was great. He will probably sleep really good after playing all day in the mountains.

KMJ said...

I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I really enjoyed the day with our 8 and 9-year-old boys. What fun, cute, handsome boys. They are so full of energy. The counselors (I guess you call them that) we had were so great! Just fun, FUNNY, patient, and kind with the kids. Only bad thing was a strom warning came right exactly when we were about to shoot bb guns and we had to leave. It was our last event and some, like my son, had been waiting all day for it. But they were tired and dirty and didn't seem to mind too much. They had done lots of other fun stuff like watch skits, major obstacle course, hiking, digging for gold, knot-tying, and other games such as horseshoes. It was not too hot because of the tall trees. They provided wonderful shade. I am glad I had the experience to go. What great kids!

Kristin