Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Afternoon in Park City

We didn't just sit around in our jammies all day long yesterday. We actually ventured out to ride some rides in good old Park City. We were lucky enough to be able to tag along with our good neighbor, Nurse Debbie, and her two kiddos. Debbie's kids had never been on the Alpine Slide or Alpine Coaster.

We first went down the Alpine Slide. Will and Ben each went by themselves, and I had Max with me. I was a little nervous to take him on the chair lift, worried he'd fall to his death. Well, he didn't and we had a great time.

Will opted to ride the lift with them...



I had Max and Ben...



I tried to take a picture of the three of us, but as you can see, it didn't quite happen. You try hanging your camera out in front of you, 20 feet above the ground, while trying to hold each of your kids!

The slide isn't as fast as I remember, or maybe it's just because I've been on the coaster before, so nothing really compares. The boys both drove their own sleds and I had Max with me. At first he wasn't so sure about hopping on that sled with me, but with a little force, I got him on and we were off. He loved it, and I didn't go slow at all.

Next we headed to the coaster. There was quite a line, which took about twenty minutes. Max occupied his time by climbing and playing in the rocks.



It was finally our turn to ride. Will was able to drive his own car. Ben had to be a rider because he wasn't quite tall enough. He rode with Logan because Will had to go all by himself. Thanks Logan!

We were off...


Cute little monkey!
Debbie and Madison


Will starting his adventure...

While driving up Parley's Canyon, the traffic headed down to Salt Lake was horrible. We decided at that point to head back down via Guardsman's Pass. The mountains are so beautiful and green right now. The kids and I met Mark for dinner after he went golfing at Eaglewood with some buddies from work. We even got a snowcone at our favorite snowcone shack!

What a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky, yep said...

How fun! I love doing those things..I'll have to take my boys soon! thanks for the reminder!

kennyandkristin said...

I am impressed that you were able to ride it and take pictures at the same time.

Anonymous said...

the alpine slide!!!! now that's a childhood memory!!! I'll have to take my kids there next time we're in town!!! fun!

DeDee said...

I haven't been up there since Chris & I were dating! I need to take my kids...they would LOVE it!

Sherine said...

I love that you guys enjoy the outdoors in the summer! Great family idea

Miranda said...

Hey! I was there riding the Alpine Slide, Alpine Coast and zip line the same day. We had a blast!