Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sunday in the Mountains

On Sunday, after church, we drug the boys up Big Cottonwood to do a short hike at Donut Falls. They weren't too excited to go. You see, our last hike was a bit more than they bargained for.

We made sure that they knew that this hike wasn't very long. In fact, we made it from our car and back to our car in ONE hour! The kids had such a great time.
We saw a plethora of many flowers that I had to snap with my camera.
We saw many shiny rocks that Will and Ben thought were so cool. Will always picks up a few rocks to bring home. I'm going to start making him bring his own pack just for his rocks.
They are usually not very loving to each other. I was completely taken back by this shot. See - they really do love each other no matter how much they fight. Look how cute they are!

Once we got to the falls, Will and Mark (with Max on his back) decided to try and climb up the falls. Ben and I followed a bit, and he slid on the rocks and cut his hand. He was a little sad.
Watching Mark and Will made me very nervous. Ben was freaking out, too. We were both yelling at them to come back down. Ben was in tears. Max was very upset and kept telling Mark "caful". Imagine being up so high already, and being rocked all over the place. I don't blame him.

You can see that Ben is upset and wants them to come back down by us.
They finally decided to turn around. I'm sure the people around us thought I was crazy. I'm just a concerned wife and mom. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Especially since Mark had my baby on his back!
Me and my handsome boys! We had such a great time being together as a family. They are so much fun to watch experience everything. Will can't wait to go back. He wants to climb to the Donut with Mark. Maybe....when he is older.
Our little monkey!

We had such a great time. I can't believe how crowded the mountains are - especially on Sunday. On our way up the canyon, we just missed an accident between a guy on a motorcycle and a car. We saw the guy laying on the ground and the car all smashed and everyone around so upset. When we got home that night, we watched the news and there was a story on the crash. They said that the man was alive and was taken to the hospital. We were seriously on the scene right after it happened. I thought the guy was dead, so glad he survived! It was a great lesson - see, that is why you guys are never getting on a motorcycle. Doesn't every mom say that?

8 comments:

Beach Girl said...

That looks like so much fun! We love Big Cottonwood Canyon. Regarding the motorcycle, I am with you 100% I have seen more and more people who were hurt in motorcycle accidents come in to Urgent Care...not pretty. I love my family too much to let them ride on one.

Sherine said...

Doesn't it feel like summer is already slipping away? Glad you are enjoying the outdoors

Sam and Josh said...

What a fun Sunday. We have done the same thing and we love it. By the way, don't tell Josh he has a motorcycle, but I have to admit he is a very cautious driver.

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of you and your boys. It looks like it was a great day for a hike. We are here visiting and I am loving the cloudy weather!

Amy said...

Hi Lisa! I do love the blogging world. i've read other peoples forever and just started my own. Your boys are too cute! your pics made me miss the mountains!!!!take care

Anonymous said...

I would have made them come down, too! And man, I can't get over your little "monkeys" curls. He is a heartbreaker!

DeDee said...

I love the pic of you and your boys. You'll have to keep the one of Will & Ben on hand for when they're fighting as proof that they really do love each other.

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Lisa.. Ya we just went un-private on our blog. There were so many people wanting to see it so we decided to do it!!! Sorry to overload you with posts... I had no idea it did that! Hope all is well for you guys !