Monday, August 4, 2008

The Great Flood

Last Thursday, Will came upstairs and informed me that his window well was full of water and his carpet was wet.

Let me back up. Last Wednesday evening, I noticed that one of our sprinklers was spraying out back patio instead of the grass it's supposed to water. I mentioned this to Mark and he quickly went and adjusted that sprinkler. Well - HE FORGOT TO TURN OFF THAT SPRINKLER STATION and it watered that section all night.

Okay, so after Will informed me of the mess in his room, I immediately phoned Mark at work. I asked him if he thought that it was alright if I turn off those sprinklers this morning. Or, did he want me to leave them on for ANOTHER 12 HOURS!

I was already a little irritated with him because of FOOTBALL. Need I say more. Actually, Mark loves football and decided, that since Will is finally eight, he needed to sign him up to play. Mark, being such a great dad, signed himself up to coach. What a guy! There went our summer! Do you know that they practice every night of the week for over two hours and also on Saturdays? Once the games start in September, they only practice three times a week and games are on Saturday. That is a huge commitment!


Will on his 1st day of practice

Anyways, back to my day. Mark came home and ripped up his carpet and tore out the pad and we got some fans and started drying out the mess. To top it all off, the water wasn't clean, culinary water. No, in our city, they have IRRIGATION water. It smells delicious! So, the past week my basement has been a disaster zone. Will's room is spread out throughout our basement. And, for those of you who really know me, I am so anal about my house. There isn't a dang thing I can do with the mess. There isn't anywhere it can go. I go downstairs and just cringe and run back upstairs.



Last Friday, the carpet guy came and re-installed the carpet and today, I had the carpets cleaned in our house.

There have been some good points to all of this. We have spent the last few days making D.I. runs and cleaning out the house! Our garbage cans are overflowing and we even made a run to the dump.

Hopefully we can get Will back in his room tonight! I won't hold my breath...because we have FOOTBALL!

Have you ever heard that saying: A happy wife equals a happy life? Poor Mark!

9 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Oh Lisa!?!?!
Did the smell go out with the carpet cleaners? I sure hope things get back to cleaner than normal soon for you!

Let's get dinners going again...I NEED 'EM!

Kirkland's said...

Um, that sucks! The flood and football. Glad your house is back to normal.

Sherine said...

two hours every day????? at least you may get some more blog time:)

this post was hilarious by the way..

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

that stinks...literally. I hope everything is better soon.

Brooke said...

I love your comment that you are irritated with Mark about football, need you say more. Boy, that statement hits the nail on the head. Every woman with a football-loving husband knows exactly how you feel! ARGH! Its only starting for the year!!!! How many months do we need to endure until the super bowl is over? Sorry about the flood, sounds like an absolute nightmare!

Shauna said...

Besides the yucky flood, (I'm sorry, we have been there) it sounds like you guys have had a really fun summer. We tell ourselves that we have to do Lagoon at least once, and once a year is enough for me.

Shalice said...

Football is the worst! Kason played it for two years....so much practice and time. He had to choose last year between soccer and fb...he chose soccer. Yipee!!

The games are really fun though!

Go Mark, you are a dedicated daddy!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the football. I'm not a big supporter of pee wee, or any sort of football. But then again, my boys wouldn't last a day out there. Hopefully your boys are heartier than mine.
Sorry about the carpet too. I hope you get your house back to normal. I am a recovering-anally-retentive-clean-house person. I understand. :)

Familia Bethers said...

First of all let me just say ... I feel for you! I really do! But I will say that you wrote this so well that I can feel like I was right there. Hope all is back to normal now :-)