Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School



Monday marked the first day of school for Will and Ben. Will was so excited to start 3rd grade. His teachers are Mrs. Anthony and Mrs. White. They are team teaching and have for years. They rotate every three weeks. Ben was so excited to start 2nd grade. His teacher this year is Mrs. White. She was Will's teacher last year, and I absolutely love her. Initially Ben had another teacher, and I requested a change. We didn't find out that he made it until last Friday.

At our school, they invite everyone to come and meet the teacher the first day of school. The boys asked Mark to come, which was nice to have him tag along. They provide donuts and drinks in the cafeteria for everyone that morning. I think that was the deciding factor for Mark. Who can pass up a chocolate donut? Not many.




It was a little lonely on Monday and has been this entire week. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It makes me sad. I miss them when they are in school. I miss having them around. Okay, I really miss sleeping in!

Thanks for all of the nice comments on my last sad post. It has been very emotional. I am doing better although a bit emotional still. Everyone has been extremely nice and thoughtful. Mark sent me flowers today, my sweet neighbor brought me daisys, another neighbor made me delicious muffins, and I even got a new handkerchief with a thoughtful poem. I am so lucky to have such great friends! I now know what it is like. I feel for women that have many. It is not something I want to go through again. Hopefully I won't have to.

11 comments:

DeDee said...

It's good they are not at the age where they do not like to wear the same shoes (I got the same ones for J).

Thanks for the call...it was good to catch up!

Sam and Josh said...

You have some cute boys there and I know what you are feeling. I have been through the same thing. Hang in there.

Stephanie Quinton said...

Lisa - Your boys are darling! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( It will be good to see you tomorrow and catch up!

We in Minnesota said...

Thank you for your comments. They really help. I hope that you do something fun for yourself to help you get through your "crap." Sorry to hear about that. I only had one miscarriage, but it also took us 5 years of trying to get pregnant before we actually did. It is okay to say, "It sucks to be me." But then move on to the happy; the kids you have, the husband, the dinners together, the funny moments. Good luck. I also hate getting up early.

Lisa Amott

Sherine said...

oh max's face with that donut is simply priceless. i bet if someone took a secret picture of me with a donut it would look exactly the same.

Cami said...

I just read your last post and I am so sorry. I am glad you are doing okay though. On a different note your kids look darling in their back to school clothes....though none of those clothes look like they are from the beloved gap?? Love the shoes though!!

Kristie said...

Let me just say that I am thinking of you and am so sad for your loss. Despite how many other women have experienced this, myself included, it does not make your loss any less significant and real. I am happy that you have good friends and family to take care of you. There are so many people thinking of you and aching for you. Remember that. I just want to run over and give you a hug right now. You have such beautiful boys to keep you busy. Your a lucky mommy :)

Kristine Tanner said...

Lisa, I haven't checked blogs for awhile and I just read yours about your miscarriage. I'm so sorry to hear that! I always tell people right when I find out too when I am pregnant. I figure if something happens to the pregnancy, I'll be very sad for awhile and it's better people know why. I hope you are okay. I'm thinking of you. I hope you will get that girl soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for next time.

The AngelArk said...

Lisa, I was so sorry to read about your loss from the last post. You are in my thoughts and if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Brooke said...

So sorry for your loss. I know how heart wrenching it is. How sweet of Mark and your friends to take such good care of you.
Your boys are great! My daughter is starting third grade as well, she is excited. ( Which means a lot, because she doesn't like school.) Good luck with your school year.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry but I just LOVE little Ben!!! he is so adorable!