Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No More Monkeys




This is what happens when you jump on the bed. Mark was getting Max ready for bed last night and Max fell right into his headboard.

I wasn't home, and Will left me a message on my cell phone that Max had split his head open. I thought at first that he was playing a joke on me. I tried to call home and Mark's cell, but no one answered. Finally Mark did, and he confirmed that Max had in fact split his head open. I met them at the ER. It was horrible to look at. Split so wide open with blood gushing out. I didn't do so well with the whole thing. But, once he was finally stitched up, I was alright.

They had to papoose him and drug him with a mist in his nose. He was very loopy. It was funny, but sad at the same time. His speech was slurred and hard to understand.

When we got home around midnight, we came home to a mess. There was blood all over Max's bedding and his bathroom. So, Max slept with us. We NEVER do that and I didn't sleep well at all. Luckily my mom came and picked up Will and Ben at the ER and they slept at her house. Steve dropped them off this morning and I checked them into school late. We were able to sleep in, which was nice.

Today, Max still wants to jump on his bed.

12 comments:

♥Shally said...

Oh boy--- I am glad he is okay!

Poor Max...

Sarah and Kevin said...

Wow!- You had a busy night! He will not come back over to my house to play, but he will still jump on the bed after that- it must be pretty bad over here!HEE HEE-- Let me know if you need anything!!

Familia Bethers said...

Does the old saying "Boys will be boys" apply here? It never fails to amaze me that even though they get hurt, they'll try it again! Glad it wasn't worse, and I hope you get some rest :-)

DeDee said...

Amazing how fast they bounce back isn't it!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Poor Maxie. :(

Cami said...

I am glad he is doing good! and he got you out of a fun night at the Gap!!

Becky, yep said...

Oh Man, do heads bleed! It's scary! I bet he has a huge headache!

inkley boys said...

Oh lisa what a week! I have the four boys and there have been times we were in the ER twice in one week so lets hope that dosn't happen with you! hang in there

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. I haven't had to visit the ER for cuts or breaks or anything with my kids (knock on wood). I'm glad he is doing better. He looks adorable. Just another battle wound, mom.

Sam and Josh said...

Wow, I can't tell you how many times I have been to the emergency room and been in the same situation where I almost pass out every time watching my kids. Looks like he didn't have much fun.

Debbie said...

You and Becky and all those boys make me tired. (For you girls and all the Doctor trips!) Good luck to the darling little boy.

Anne-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.