Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Maxie Poo!




My sweetheart MAX is TWO and I can't believe it!!! He is a complete joy to have around. We all enjoy him immensely. He has the sweetest little personality and is extremely loving. I love him so much! He loves to play outside. His favorite show (he's just now starting to watch TV) is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He loves popsicles. He asks for Mickey and popsicles constantly. He loves nursery and loves his friends. He is a mommas boy, which I love. Isn't it great to be needed!! I am the Nursery Leader right now in our ward, and he cried every time I have another child on my lap. I love him. He is a great eater. He'll eat practically anything. Although, since it's been a little hotter outside, he hasn't been that great, but then again, who has much of an appetite when it's so hot. He loves to repeat every last word that anyone says.

We had a great birthday weekend. Sunday night we had a big party at our house and invited our family over for homemade burgers and lots of great food. A party at our house isn't complete without a delicious custard filled cake from Granite Bakery.

It was a little cloudy and windy when we were getting ready to light the candles and sing. Luckily when it was time for the blowout, the wind was there to help Max with his "wish". "Again" was Max's response. So cute!





We gave Max his own four-wheeler. We have a John Deer tractor ride on, but it is still a little too big for Max. He doesn't have the steering thing down yet, so this little toy should help. He didn't want to share it and he was so excited. He kept crashing into things, which made him pop a wheelie. Luckily he didn't hit his head.





Opening presents. My sister, Karyn, helping with that annoying toy packaging. Seriously. Look how intently the kids are watching. (Karyn's little girl Lily and my brother's little boy, Camden with Max.)

Max and I



My brother Kenny's newest addition, Emerson, or as Max likes to call him "Epperson". He is a doll!



Karyn's little Char Char (Charlie). He is just starting to walk at 14 months.

Tonight, for Max's actual birthday, we went out to dinner and took Max out for his first flavored, purchased snow cone. (I make them at home for him a lot.) My mom's school is just up the street and they just installed new playground equipment. We totally broke through the fencing (no trespassing sign) and enjoyed the playground with other law breakers. Max loved his snow cone and didn't even go down one slide. He was too busy consuming with his fingers. Yum!




Notice Will's new cast. Yes, it is ALREADY duck taped again. We took him up last Tuesday and had his old cast replaced. It only took two days for this one to start looking pretty sad. So, out came the tape and Mark went to town. I will so happy when it is finally removed once and for all. It is driving me crazy, I can only imagine how Will feels about it.



I couldn't resist snapping a picture of one of Marks distinguishing qualities. Yip, he is already going grey. I know that it is because of me, and I'm so sorry.

16 comments:

kennyandkristin said...

We are sooo bad again...Around 10:15pm I realized that we didn't call Max and sing him happy birthday. We will just have to sing it to him all day on Wednesday. I love the pic of him on his new bike. I loved how he kept going and going on it. He is too cute!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Birthday Little Max! He is getting so big (and too cute)!

Shauna said...

What a cute boy. I love the picture of him looking back on the tractor.

Becky, yep said...

Happy two's little MAX! So sweet!

Wait...you came all the way over to Granite Bakery and DIDN'T come to my house...YOU SUCK!!!!

julib said...

Benj saw the picture of the cake and said, "Let's go to the party!" I second that emotion. Not just for the delicious cake either! When are we getting this little guys together?? Is Max only 2? I thought he was three? He is so smart!

The Gatherum Family said...

Don't you just LOVE your kids b-day's? I love them. They are fun to plan and execute and spend money on...love, love, love a good kiddie party. I hope Max had a GREAT day...Looks like fun! That is funny about Mark's gray hair, I bet Neal is over 50% gray these days and he's just barely turning 32!!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthdday, darling little boy!

amanda said...

He is too cute. I love the tractor. I bet he loved it too.
And the close up of the gray hair, how did you do that. You must have one of those fancy cameras like Kami and Becky. I gotta get myself one.

Anonymous said...

Happy two Max! Nothin' terrible about you!

DeDee said...

Great pics...Max is sooo cute! I saw that new playground equipment and was thinking we should check it out.

At least Will is wearing the shoe...

Lynell said...

He is so cute. Boy you can just tell by looking at the pics that he is a sweetie. They sure grow up fast.

Guys are lucky. A little grey is distinguished!

Shalice said...

I love his curls!! Such a sweet boy...boys are the greatest. Such a fun birthday.

Anonymous said...

Max is a cutie. And I drool over his name. I wished. I begged. But, husband won.

And ps... love the gray. Super handsome.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday max! Mark you old man i like the gray hairs! Hope you guys arent getting to many snowies without me... man i miss them! The kids are all getting so big and it looks like you are all having a great time..hope you arent having to fun without me ;) but I love you guys and miss you tons!!!

Kirkland's said...

Two is such a fun age, I love Max's curls! What a little cutie. Alex loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse also...gettin' sick of singin' the songs in my head all day long!

Anonymous said...

PS... MAx is too cute. He would be a perfect fit for my Olivia. So what if she's a few months older. Thier children would be gorgeous! :)