Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back to Normal

I'm finally starting to feel better. I did sluff church today and convinced Mark to take my nursery lesson for me. Luckily he was able to switch with someone else. The lesson was I am thankful that I can smell and taste. I helped him prepare the lesson by placing about twelve different things to eat in baggies, enough to share with all of the children. The thought was to have them smell and taste the food while blindfolded and to try and guess what they were eating. It didn't go over as planned...funny thing, it never does. They have the shortest attention span. The lessons usually last about one minute. They didn't love the idea of being blindfolded, and most couldn't tell you what they were eating. They didn't know. There aren't many three year olds in the class, it consists mainly of two year olds, who are just starting to figure everything out.

I enjoyed my three hours alone at home. It was nice. I caught up on some Conan that I've had on Tivo for a while. I always tivo Conan, I love him, he is hilarious. I don't watch all of them, I usually fast forward to exciting parts and delete the rest. I saved this particular episode which featured Colin Firth. I love him. Remember him from Bridget Jones' Diary?



I also spent some time searching the net for BPA free sippy cups for Max. I am a little obsessed with that lately. I bought some new BPA free Camelbacks at REI a few weeks ago. But, I need some for Max. I'm thinking about getting the Sigg with a sports top, or a Kleen Kanteen with a sippy top. While searching I realized how many products could potentially carry BPA. It's a wonder were not all dead!

Tonight we went up to Mark's parents to celebrate our niece Hailee's ninth birthday. They are moving to Overland Park, Kansas on Wednesday, so we also said our goodbyes. I'm excited for them to embark on their new adventure. Just glad it's not me!

Last year we remodeled our kitchen and in February we replaced our front door. Saturday, we replaced the wood on our stairway to match the rest of the wood in our house. We tried staining it, but it looked horrible. I wish that I had taken a before picture, but here is one without and one of the new railing. I'm surprised that we didn't have a serious accident on the stairs. It was off for nearly a week!



I really need to straighten my pictures
I'm happy that I am feeling better. Hopefully the weather this week is warmer, so we can go and do some fun, outdoor activities. I really need to weed my flower beds. It's never fun being sick, but it was nice to catch up on some sleep!

5 comments:

Becky, yep said...

Thank goodness it didn't last a week! It was a rough one!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Glad you are feeing better. I love that rug, it is so cute!

P.S. I just bought a camel back water bottle and I talked to the guy at Parks Sportsman, and he said that you just need to be careful not to microwave, dishwash or use hot liquids. Otherwise, the old bottles are fine to use and the whole thing got blown up. I am back using #7s.

About two more weeks until the baby comes. Yay!

Sherine said...

Oh being sick stinks... It's not like being a kid anymore... where you get to lay in bed and watch cartoons all day. You still have laundry, dishes, etc etc. Good thing you have a nice hubby to help! Glad you are feeling better

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. Sorry we're not around to help in nursery any more. Mark's a trooper.
Pete and I lived in Overland Park for two years before we moved to Riverton. Camden was born there. It's really a nice suburb of Kansas City. Cruddy weather (humid summers with lots of bugs, and cold, wet winters with more ice storms than snow), but we really loved the people there. I still keep in touch with some.

DeDee said...

Sorry, but I think Conan is obnoxious!

I bought some Nalgene sippy cups at Kirkhams that are BPA free.